Turn on thread page Beta

latin summer schools (II) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hello

(i realise there has already been a thread about this, but i thought i would start a new one as more people might read it and reply...)

i'm interested in doing a latin summer school this summer, before i go up to cambridge to read english. has anyone had any experience of such courses? the other thread seemed to recommend the jact summer school, which seems to be held at wells this year. is this the best one to go on? is there a particular, erm, demographic for these courses?

thanks, will appreciate all your many replies, so that i know what i'm letting myself in for... i don't really, you see, want to spend a fortnight in a field with lots of tweedy classics undergraduates and their beloved profs. just joking, it would be jolly good fun.

ReputationRep:
    i posted this in the oxbridge section because i assume it is mostly oxbridgey types who go on the courses...?

ReputationRep:
    I just replied to this on the university bit. There are plenty of other unis besides oxbridge that do classics!

And I didn't meet any oxbridge people when I went to summer school last year- everyone was in the same position as me (thinking of applying) or going to other unis for classics
    (manchester, leeds, exeter and birmingham from the top of my head).

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing a summer school in latin 'cos I wanted to learn latin and a friend's getting me some information. I'll post it if it might be any use.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.