Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have got offers for Sports and exercise science at both Pompey and Bham but am totally stuck for which to go for! Can anyone help!?

ReputationRep:
    Have you visited both?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I have a m8 at portsmouth and I've stayed with him twice and i love it down there. I've only visited bham once and I did reli like it but im not sure what the night life is lyk etc..

ReputationRep:
    Where did you go out in Pompey?

ReputationRep:
    we strated off in a pub..cnt memba which 1 the 1 on the corner! and then went to 'V' bar then headed to the union. We went out on a wednesday so it was reli busy. I had a wkd tym the nightlift there looks really cool. :p:
    In general is portsmouth quite expensive? like housing etc...
    What year are u in and what r u studying?

ReputationRep:
    its all about Birmingham..ive lived here all my life so i guess ill be a bit biased but the nightlife is wicked, there really is something for everyone...Snobs/Ressurection/Medicine bar/Panic! loads for indie rock, and then uno typical club like the walkabout.barracuda and that kinda thing for dancey music...its wicked i love it...and right near the uni is the soak and the gun barrels which are just full of beautiful students lol....its wicked....and of course there is the bullring...best shoppin in europe apparently lol...although i can vouch for gunwharf quays in portsmouth, it is wicked there.....hmmm... also i got an offer from portsmouth to do sport but id def choose birmingham the facilities r amazing at the uni...
    good luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thnx! so what sport course r u doin? and wat uni u puttin as ur firm and insurance?

I went to the accom. open day at bham n i really luv it there now
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    hey! dont really know about portsmouth as i didnt apply there but ive been up to bham a few times to visit the uni and it looks amazing. Ive known a couple of people who have studied there and they also said its wicked!

Dont know much about the nightlife but I just get this feelin that it will be really great! lol. Walked from the uni to the centre at the open day today and passed alot of bars!

Also saw the new sport & ex building today and that looked really good as well!

Em

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 22, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.