The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
Hi! I've firmly accepted Edinburgh and it was such an easy decision to make. As soon as I visited the place I fell in love with it and knew that I couldn't be happy anywhere else!

The city's beautiful and the university's reputation is also excellent. Although these also apply to Durham, so I don't envy your decision!

You just have to go with your heart and go where you feel happiest. And I assume the requirements for Durham will be higher than Edinburgh so keep that in mind aswell and make sure if you chose Durham then your confident of getting the grades (i'm not saying your not capeable of getting in or anything! just something to bear in mind!)

And if you do decide to come up to Edinburgh then make sure you join the society cos we're all gonna meet up when we get there! Yay!

Let us know what you decide!
xx
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
funky_moped
Hi! I've firmly accepted Edinburgh and it was such an easy decision to make. As soon as I visited the place I fell in love with it and knew that I couldn't be happy anywhere else!

The city's beautiful and the university's reputation is also excellent. Although these also apply to Durham, so I don't envy your decision!

You just have to go with your heart and go where you feel happiest. And I assume the requirements for Durham will be higher than Edinburgh so keep that in mind aswell and make sure if you chose Durham then your confident of getting the grades (i'm not saying your not capeable of getting in or anything! just something to bear in mind!)

And if you do decide to come up to Edinburgh then make sure you join the society cos we're all gonna meet up when we get there! Yay!

Let us know what you decide!
xx

Hey, thanks for the reply! I feel the same as you, saying you fell in love with the city. I really didn't think i would like it so much and it's made me really think about what i want from uni! What's this society all about, it would be sweet to talk to a few more people going to Edin. next year?
Have you started to apply for accommodation yet? I was more interested in Pollock Halls than flats, how about you?
x
Reply 3
If you go back to the Edinburgh list of topics then theres a thread called 'edinburgh sudents soc' so if you decide to come then join the society and become a proper member! It will basically be used to arrange nights out when we get there and also as a little support network if we have any problems etc, and for us to get all excited before we go and have discussions about everything Edinburgh!

I applied for accomodation yesterday. I was gonna go for Pollock but it's really rather expensive and i'm quite fussy about my food anyway so decided to go for a flat. Although this means no en-suite which is a shame. But it's nearer George Square which is where all my lectures are supposed to be so there's pros and cons to everywhere. It's still 80 odd quid a week which is a bit extreme!
So I applied to flats and put Darroch Court as my 1st choice as its apparently the nicest block so hopefully i'll get in there!

Which course have you applied for?
Reply 4
Ahh i'll check out this little network of scot students then! It's so helpful having people who are in the same situation as me to talk too! I really need to reply to ucas soon, as im worried if i don't ill apply for accommodation really late and will be left with all the naff stuff!?Hopefully i'll try for pollock halls, take the lazy option :P

Ive applied for social anthropology, bit random, but it seems interesting!
What have you put as your insurance?
x
Reply 5
hey i've applied for social anthropology, did you go to the open day on the 8th? as loads of people there had applied to durham and were trying to decide. maybe we saw each other... don't ask me what i was wearing though as i have no idea now!

obviously here everyone is going to reply with edinburgh, as we're slightly biased like that :p: i think edinburgh accommodation is sorted out after results day so you're guareenteed a place and equal consideration providing you apply before some date in july i think, maybe even later.

Latest

Trending

Trending