The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cungdantinhyeu
vietnam is the best country, we love peace and hate war. we are very friendly and always want to make friends with every people. But i am very angry with the American goverment attitudes, they want to control Vietnam, because they were defeated in Vietnam war, so they always hate Vietnam.
I think Bush is the terrorist, because he himself make dangerous problems for The American .

I'm not too sure about the first point now. I think that when the war occured they did, but now i doubt it.
But yes, Bush is a terrorist. Illegal acts of war, human rights abuses etc.
cungdantinhyeu

I think Bush is the terrorist, because he himself make dangerous problems for The American .

Correct.
Reply 3
Not true that they always hate it, but the ingratitude of the people they were helping demorilised them somewhat. The failure was a shock, proving that they were not invincable. That is a very good thing, but they forgot it too soon. Then came 9/11. They seem to have taken that lesson to heart, but need people who remember that it is not just the soft targets that are vunerable, their soldiers can bleed just as well as any asian.
The victory of the VA was due to their knowledge of the environment and skill at guerula combat. Their use of Russian cast off AK's was a very good move as they could survive in adverce circumstances, unlike the M16 caried by the Yankie troops.
Reply 4
cungdantinhyeu

But Bush isn't the only American president like that, many of the past presidents were equally dangerous. I think it comes from the fact that the American government has always wanted to be a world dominating force.
piginapoke
The man's a maggot. Did anyone else think his replaying of 9/11 scenes in his party politicals was a tad distasteful?

A tad? It was very distasteful.
People dying in a terrible way like this should not be used as a political tool.
piginapoke
The man's a maggot. Did anyone else think his replaying of 9/11 scenes in his party politicals was a tad distasteful?

It's the nicest thing he has done so far in his rule of america, compared to the thousands of murders and abuses of human rights etc.
Reply 7
The Vietnamese National Liberation Front were one of the finest armies ever to walk the earth.
piginapoke
Hopefully it will be his undoing.

Yeah, i would hope so too. But past elections show that as long as the president is doing okay in his own country, he will be re-elected.
Reply 9
A lot of Americans think they won the Vietnam war, or at least they don't know that they were humiliated by the Vietcong and the North Vietnamese army.
Reply 10
Lord Huntroyde
A lot of Americans think they won the Vietnam war, or at least they don't know that they were humiliated by the Vietcong and the North Vietnamese army.

Yes, it was such a tragic waste of life on both sides - the majority of casualties were innocent people (being the Vietnamese, and US soldiers). The fact that America didn't learn from the whole episode is shocking, as was their treatment of the soldiers who returned home.
pal_sch
The victory of the VA was due to their knowledge of the environment and skill at guerula combat. Their use of Russian cast off AK's was a very good move as they could survive in adverce circumstances, unlike the M16 caried by the Yankie troops.

That's true, but America could have won the war if it hadn't decided to pull out its troops. American casualties were about 60 000, whereas at least a million Vietnamese combatents were killed. The real reason the USA lost, is because of the war's unpopularity back home.
Reply 12
Lol - in the long run we are all dead, but in the long run, America won, the Vietnamese people are only alive cos of western aid, they are starving
Reply 13
JSM
Lol - in the long run we are all dead, but in the long run, America won, the Vietnamese people are only alive cos of western aid, they are starving

No, they didn't win the needless war they fought, indeed they lost a lot of respect and pride over it.
Reply 14
cungdantinhyeu
vietnam is the best country, we love peace and hate war. we are very friendly and always want to make friends with every people. But i am very angry with the American goverment attitudes, they want to control Vietnam, because they were defeated in Vietnam war, so they always hate Vietnam.

the americans dont hate you, that is the same as saying that we hate the germans, which we dont. in general. but yes, bush is a terrorist. and no i dont believe your ancestors did beat the americans into submission i believe they just withdrew.
Reply 15
JSM

Untrue.
Reply 16
cungdantinhyeu

Though in statiscal terms, 2,000,000 vietmanese were killed/USA = 60,000
Reply 17
How is Bush a terrorist?
Reply 18
Blamps
Though in statiscal terms, 2,000,000 vietmanese were killed/USA = 60,000

But looking at the two countries before the conflict, you wouldn't have expected anything different. The point is that, due to brilliant tactics, despite their losses, the Vietnamese were never defeated by the Americans.
Reply 19
Do you think that if America put the full force of it's military in to the war they would have won? America didn't have the stomach to see so many troops being killed in a far distant land.

Latest

Trending

Trending