Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    You're sig's a little out of date .
    may i point out he won the VT primary

O well, he's still my pick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    That's rubbish. There's nothing wrong with being angry at what Bush is doing, but you're just making a fool of yourself my claiming it's "terrorism". Firstly, there's no arguing that the USA didn't target the civilian population in the Iraq war. Sure, there were civilian casualties, but they didn't intentionally bomb civilians. That would be utterly pointless from a military perspective and would make them even more unpopular. It's even more absurd to claim that they used violence "for the purpose of producing fear" among the civilian population. Why the hell would the USA want Iraq's people to be afraid? What exactly would that accomplish?

I agree that Bush is an idiot, a warmonger and probably an illegitimate president, but he is absolutely not a terrorist by any definition.
    ok, respectable retaliation, i accept that my statement was stupid, but he is an idiot, no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    actually, there definatly was enough of a threat, around the gulf war he launced SCUDS into israel
    again, not americas concern. it all reverts back to the lack of weapons of mass destruction. what threat did iraq really pose the US?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    ok, respectable retaliation, i accept that my statement was stupid, but he is an idiot, no doubt.
    (curtly) you're stubborn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    (curtly) you're stubborn
    ! i am! i thought i was being the opposite of stubborn, whatever that is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    (curtly) you're stubborn
    the best of us are - we call it 'quiet unmoving determination'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    the best of us are - we call it 'quiet unmoving determination'
    so true!

ReputationRep:
    again, not americas concern. it all reverts back to the lack of weapons of mass destruction. what threat did iraq really pose the US?
    they are our ally

ReputationRep:
    they are our ally
    if bush was acting in the interests of the kurds, why didnt he act sooner?

ReputationRep:
    Let's remember the Americans fought in Vietnam to prevent the spread of Communism around the globe. It was also an attempt to stifle the control the USSR were having on the world.
    The ideology of Marx was completely taken out of context and warped by the Communist states of the apres-war world. The governments used it in their own way to control the people. Although Capitalism has its definite downturns, I believe that America, during the cold war entirely, were generally acting in the best interests of the world.
    JFK had the political genius to stop nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis, it was the communists who consistenly, over and over again, put the world on the edge of nuclear war. Afghanistan anyone?
    The Americans got themselves bogged down in Vietnam and it became persistently hard to get out. President after President found it difficult to find a solution to the problem. Yes, there were many atrocities by American troops, but didn't Stalin murder millions upon millions of his own people.
    I don't particularly like America and the present administration is shocking. But there is far too much "America-bashing' in the world. The Americans have had an instrumental part in the survival of this country, the western world - marshall aid? and of the globe in general.
    I'm not saying we should bow down to them, in fact we shouldn't, we should be standing up to Bush and his cronies. There are a lot of good men within America politics and hopefully one of them, John Kerry is the next president.

ReputationRep:
    if bush was acting in the interests of the kurds, why didnt he act sooner?
    israelis, not Kurds

ReputationRep:
    may i point out he won the VT primary

O well, he's still my pick
    dean all the way...im rather miffed that kerry is the nomination now...

he is such a hypocrite, rich guy, botox filled prick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    dean all the way...im rather miffed that kerry is the nomination now...

he is such a hypocrite, rich guy, botox filled prick!
    indeed, and just look at him he's a skeleton

ReputationRep:
    indeed, and just look at him he's a skeleton
    a botox filled skelaton.....

i hope he's not counting on deans supporters rallying for him now.....i wouldnt touch the man with a 5 foot pole.

ReputationRep:
    a botox filled skelaton.....

i hope he's not counting on deans supporters rallying for him now.....i wouldnt touch the man with a 5 foot pole.
    yeah but with nadar, Bush might win again (sobbing)

ReputationRep:
    yeah but with nadar, Bush might win again (sobbing)
    id rather bush than kerry......

bush is a strong leader at least.......kerry is a nothing, actually he is gum on the bottum of my shoe.......

ReputationRep:
    id rather bush than kerry......

bush is a strong leader at least.......kerry is a nothing, actually he is gum on the bottum of my shoe.......
    i would take kerry (i never thought i would say that) (hangs head, ashamed)

ReputationRep:
    I still don't understand why everyone dislikes Bush, he is going to make the tax cuts permamnent........ what has he done that is so bad?

ReputationRep:
    i would take kerry (i never thought i would say that) (hangs head, ashamed)
    i would take bush.......i never thought i would say that......

but obviously i am the loyal dean supporter.....while you my friend, are voting for a man that CLAIMS to be a DEMOCRAT, but is AGIANST ssm...and has voted for all of bushs bills! and the patriot act! and he LIVEs in a 6 MILLION DOLLAR HOUSE on BEACAN HILL!

i hate his botox filled *@&*

leg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I still don't understand why everyone dislikes Bush, he is going to make the tax cuts permamnent........ what has he done that is so bad?
    gotten hundreds of US soliders killed for no reason

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.