Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Did Vietnam conquer and invade the United States??? NO

So they didn't defeat the United States, it was a political war, so the US withdrew. Plain and simple, although politics never are.
    well said. I believe one of the main reasons the US pulled out was the war was not popular in the US. Sure the vietcong were inflicting casualties, no one said we are invinceable. However, we have already pointed out the US to Vietcong death ratio, and it was clear the US did more damage

ReputationRep:
    i think everyone are false about Vietnam War, The American Army invaded my country and they want to seperate my country in two.They use Vietnamese people in the southern to fight the Northern people, so as you know, the Vietnamese people were died more than the American.
    The American used 78 million tons of dioxin along my country, so now there are lost of people who have cancer, and die.
    They used B52 jet, and million tons of bomb, but we werent frightened, we defeated them.
    no win without blood and death, so it make the proud history of my country. I am very proud of being a Vietnamese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    and i quote: "Terrorism, originating from the French 18th century word terrorisme (under the Terror), is the term commonly used to refer to the calculated use of violence or the threat of violence, against a civilian population, for the purpose of producing fear usually for some political end."

is this not describing what bush is doing in the east?
    Erm.......no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cungdantinhyeu)
    i think everyone are false about Vietnam War, The American Army invaded my country and they want to seperate my country in two.They use Vietnamese people in the southern to fight the Northern people, so as you know, the Vietnamese people were died more than the American.
    The American used 78 million tons of dioxin along my country, so now there are lost of people who have cancer, and die.
    They used B52 jet, and million tons of bomb, but we werent frightened, we defeated them.
    no win without blood and death, so it make the proud history of my country. I am very proud of being a Vietnamese.
    I thought Vietnam was at that time separated into two seperate countries, North and South. The North invaded the South to unify the country under a communist regime and the Americans fought to stop this happening.

ReputationRep:
    American leaders are shite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    American leaders are shite.
    All of them?

ReputationRep:
    well i am proud to be an american

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    well i am proud to be an american
    So you should be. Best country in the world. Much to be proud of.

ReputationRep:
    Im not mening any dis-respect to anyone here, but, if America just stayed out of everything everyone would be fine. I know we only ended up in Iraq becuase Johnny Howard's bestest buddy Bushie rang him up and said so. Im just sick and tired of it taking up time on the news.

Personally i reckon there are great pro's to being an aussie as well, we live on a big island far far away and no bugger could be bothered to blow us up. I reckon we are up there witht he safest of countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Im not mening any dis-respect to anyone here, but, if America just stayed out of everything everyone would be fine. I know we only ended up in Iraq becuase Johnny Howard's bestest buddy Bushie rang him up and said so. Im just sick and tired of it taking up time on the news.

Personally i reckon there are great pro's to being an aussie as well, we live on a big island far far away and no bugger could be bothered to blow us up. I reckon we are up there witht he safest of countries.
    If America stayed out of everything everyone in Europe would be wearing black uniforms and talking German, and everyone in Australia would probably be fluent in Japaneze.

ReputationRep:
    Im just pissed that just becuse america gets involves in something, Johnny Howard goes and gets us involved as well. NOT HAPPY JAN!

ReputationRep:
    Im just pissed that just becuse america gets involves in something, Johnny Howard goes and gets us involved as well. NOT HAPPY JAN!
    Australians aren't serving as front line troops in Iraq are they? Any of them been killed?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, our SAS blokes are, my brothers mate is one of them, and two have been killed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, our SAS blokes are, my brothers mate is one of them, and two have been killed.
    Well, don't worry too much about it. They're probably having the time of their lives.

I can't imagine many SAS soldiers object too much to having the opportunity to try out all that stuff they spend years training for in a real life situation. It's not like sending a bunch of conscripted 17 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    Then i guess the moral here is Dont start nothing, Dont finish nuthin' and Dont rely on Johnny Howard.
    Goodnight, i am going to sleep.

ReputationRep:

sad to say if america didnt interverne on the world stage the world would be a much worse place. Think if they didn't secure hatiti and other places like macedonia etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    sad to say if america didnt interverne on the world stage the world would be a much worse place. Think if they didn't secure hatiti and other places like macedonia etc
    Exactly. Who else is going to do it? Europe? Look at the mess that came from the fragmentation of Yugoslavia; Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, etc all kicking hell out of one another.

Seems Europe can't even sort minor scuffles in it's own back yard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    So you should be. Best country in the world. Much to be proud of.
    finally some1 who agrees with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    If America stayed out of everything everyone in Europe would be wearing black uniforms and talking German, and everyone in Australia would probably be fluent in Japaneze.
    excellent point. Who knows what would have happened in WW2?? It would have been germany,japan and italy all against the US

(Original post by PadFoot90)
    finally some1 who agrees with me.
    much nicer countries in the world. much healthier too
    J

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.