Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think about Bath Uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi ,everybody ,what do you think about Bath universtiy?any comment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youyou)

got a good rep and a very nice city

definetly go to an open day, i almost had it as my first choice until i went, didnt like the place at all but hey thats just my opinion

the sandwich courses they offer seem to be pretty impressive thou

ReputationRep:
    I live near Bath (about 20 mins away) and its the prettiest city in the world- there are brilliant shops, a great social scene and its safe ( I have walked through the streets of Bath at 1 in the morning and felt completely safe cos hardly anybody is around). The uni is very good and there is a friendly atmosphere (so I've heard- cos I'm still at school!)
    Plus who wouldnt want to go the best part of Britain- the WEST COUNTRY horray!

ReputationRep:
    iv got two or three mates there and they all love it - highly recommended

ReputationRep:
    Bath uni is brilliant. I don't go there (too young!) but my dad is a lecturer and director of studies there

ReputationRep:
    It's great and I'm loving it.

ReputationRep:
    went there on an open day...uni is good, but the sports facilities are really excellent - I've never seen facilities like that before!

ReputationRep:
    stayed there on a geography trip... really nice rooms!

ReputationRep:
    in terms of beauty its only really challenged by durham however there is a lot more to do in bath, am at school here and if i wasnt then i would seriously consider going here as the city is amazing and sports faucliites are free and world class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    got a good rep and a very nice city
    i have heard that the rep of bath uni is not good,can you explain that?

ReputationRep:

it seems to only have a good rep for certain subjects...check out the times league tables for a better idea

ReputationRep:
    1) Every league table is different- so they mean nothing individually!
    2) I have heard bath is one of the good unis, Bath Spa uni has a worse reputation!

ReputationRep:
    Where and from whom did you hear that?
    All the posters on this thread so far say the opposite!

ReputationRep:
    Bath isn't very "traditional", but it's reputation in Science, Maths, Engineering is bound to change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    in terms of beauty its only really challenged by durham however there is a lot more to do in bath, am at school here and if i wasnt then i would seriously consider going here as the city is amazing and sports faucliites are free and world class.
    Have you been to Oxford before? It's the most beautiful city I've ever seen,(and I've seen Bath) but thats only my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been working in bath for a couple of weeks now and it seems pretty small. too small?

ReputationRep:

Despite the pretty buildings the traffic is terrible, and all that grey stone is depressing en masse.

However apparently across the world people talk about Bath in hushed tones, aware of all the famous alumni, the Nobel laureates, the academic breakthroughs...From Singapore to Manhattan people say 'Guess what...he went to Bath...'wow..'

Perhaps only Durham can match its reputation as the best place outside of you- know -where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    Despite the pretty buildings the traffic is terrible, and all that grey stone is depressing en masse.

However apparently across the world people talk about Bath in hushed tones, aware of all the famous alumni, the Nobel laureates, the academic breakthroughs...From Singapore to Manhattan people say 'Guess what...he went to Bath...'wow..'

Perhaps only Durham can match its reputation as the best place outside of you- know -where.
    Tourism-Bath describe their buildings as mellowed not grey!

A judgement on any university cannot be made within such narrow confines. How can a university that has not an ancient tradition be compared with one that has been in existence since the middle ages?

What needs to be considered is its performance since it was instituted and I believe that Bath is going from strength to strength, making much more progress than some of those who are also in the top echalons of the league tables.

If you think of some of the grammar schools then you will see that many of them fail their children by being mediocre yet 'resting on prestige'.
    Same with universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)

1) Traffic is terrible.
    2) Grey? What are you talking about?
    3) You're a ****.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.