Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think about Bath Uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Have you been to Oxford before? It's the most beautiful city I've ever seen,(and I've seen Bath) but thats only my opinion.
    I've been to Bath, Oxford, Cambridge (and Canterbury?) and Bath is the most picturesque. Cambridge was quaint, and Oxford was grand in parts but generally dissapointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    Despite the pretty buildings the traffic is terrible, and all that grey stone is depressing en masse.

However apparently across the world people talk about Bath in hushed tones, aware of all the famous alumni, the Nobel laureates, the academic breakthroughs...From Singapore to Manhattan people say 'Guess what...he went to Bath...'wow..'

Perhaps only Durham can match its reputation as the best place outside of you- know -where.
    yea and other unis like Imperial, Warwick, Cambridge and Oxford are pants... what's the point of pretending Bath is the best place in the world. I'm sure people in Manhattan are much more aware of Princeton with John Nash, Andrew Wiles and a bunch of other similar people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    Despite the pretty buildings the traffic is terrible, and all that grey stone is depressing en masse.

However apparently across the world people talk about Bath in hushed tones, aware of all the famous alumni, the Nobel laureates, the academic breakthroughs...From Singapore to Manhattan people say 'Guess what...he went to Bath...'wow..'

Perhaps only Durham can match its reputation as the best place outside of you- know -where.
    Oh.. and Jocelyn Bell Burnell is the Dean of Science at Bath:

The Oppenheimer prize, the Michelson Medal, the Tinsley prize and the Megallanic Premium have been awarded to her by learned bodies in the US and the UK's Royal Astronomical Society has presented her with the Herschel Medal. UK and US universities have conferred honorary doctorates on her, and she holds an Honorary Fellowship in New Hall, her former Cambridge College.

She was made a CBE in 1999 and that year also won the Edinburgh Medal for services to science and society. She became an FRS in 2003.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Have you been to Oxford before? It's the most beautiful city I've ever seen,(and I've seen Bath) but thats only my opinion.
    Oxford is nice in parts but I wouldn't say its the most beautiful city i've seen (some of the back places round the city are horrid, graffiti covered and generally stink of urine).

Also Bath has major rep as a uni, not only for science, but for sports. They are the only uni in the UK to have their men's football team in the national league (is that right?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Science? WAS doesn't have time for Science - if you're not big in economics/finance or social science you aren't a true academic
    :rolleyes: Sticking to what's important!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Also Bath has major rep as a uni, not only for science, but for sports. They are the only uni in the UK to have their men's football team in the national league (is that right?).
    Bath's new multi-million sports facilities are breath-taking. I regularly the the Pro-athletes training in the gym (especially the Bath rugby team).

Our football team (Team Bath) are in the Dr Martins Southern league.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.