Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am jealous of my younger sister watch

I always get jealous of girls, but the most person I am jealous off is my 15 year old sister. She's perfect in everyway and I wish I looked like her, had a personality like her. I know this is wrong to envy someone. My sister is young, but she's hot! She has perfect looks (size 10, curvy slim figure, big breasts, good set of legs, tall, pretty face with gorgeous eyes, and lovely thick dark long hair). And I'm soooo jealous because everyone I know compares us both, and they always recon she is older than me, and they always comment on how attractive she is and how confident she is, and I never do and it annoys the hell out of me. Also the fact that my mum dolls her up, when I was 15 I was never allowed to wear any makeup, and my mum buys her expensive brands of makeup for her to wear. I'm sick of everyone comparing me to her I guess a little of it, could be due to the fact my ex boyfriend fancied her and the only reason he went out with me was to get closer to my sister. She gets all the guys attention when we go shopping. Not fair, why did God make me ugly and make me suffer, I hate it.
    I want to stop feeling so jealous, how do I do this?

Babe, just remember that shes your sister, she loves you and looks up to you. I have to admit aswell that my youngest sister is gorgeous and shes only 14! Yes she gets a lot of male attention, but I'm not jealous I'm more protetive of her, shes naive and too young.

Why not talk to her? Tell her how your feeling, be frank.

Lol, tell her that I'm jealous of her, wooo she would never forget that one. She still acts like a kid, she would go and tell my mum and they would both have a silly giggle over it. I am protective of her, I'm always giving her advice, dont get me wrong, I love her too bits, and I'd do anything for her, but I cant stop feeling jealous. Jealousy sometimes makes me hate her

I'm in uni and I live at home.

I agree. Im in the same boat. Shes got alot more attention. Im moving away to uni. Yay! I suggest you move into halls too. Defintely. Im going into uni soon and moving away.

ReputationRep:
    spend less time with your sister? Also, realise that it's just jealously, and it will pass. Everyone gets jealous of their siblings!

ReputationRep:
    You've got to be confortable with yaself, before anyone else will be confortable with the way ya are...

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same about my sister until we stopped hating eachother (last year) and became really good friends. Then all her insecurities about how she wasn't confident and was jealous of me and etc etc all came flooding out.

It's what sisters do - especially if you're close in age. If you can't resolve it, move out, and try and build a relationship as friends with a bit more distance. There's no point comparing yourself to other people - even though it's that much harder not to when they're family.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be so jealous of my sister too!
    moving out has helped, but i don't think that was all of it. I've also grown a lot and had my own experiences with guys (hey, if you want guys attention, change uni and go to imperial, or in just go to their union, anything female gets attention, lol).
    Seriously... now I'm the one people comment on about being pretty and having a great figure and say they wished they looked like me. But I can just tell them honestly, that they have no reason to be jealous.
    There are so many girls who don't look like models (I don't look like one, I've only started getting attention since studying a subject where the girl:guy ratio is 1:9 hehehe), but they have great relationships, great friends and fun.

your sister may have all of that, but you can have that too. There is nothing stopping you except your view of yourself. Guys turn their heads and look at your sister, but that doesn't mean all those guys are great guys, nor that they are interested in her as a person, just in her looks.
    She may end up being a person who doesn't know how to keep a guy because all she's ever cultivated is her looks (let's hope not for her sake). It takes more than looks to keep a guy interested and have a great relationship with a guy in general takes a lot more than to just be a nice and pretty girl. There are just some things you learn because you have to to 'survive' against such competition that will make you a more interesting and fun person, that she may never learn as she doesn't have to.

But you do have to get out of that mind set that she will have all the happiness in the world because she is pretty and you will have none. You know that yourself, but I understand how hard it is. As I said, I've been there myself.
    Moving out is a good suggestion. otherwise, well... I suppose it'll just take time. When ever you find yourself thinking in such a way just go through a list of points of why beauty isn't everything and think of all your friends who aren't as pretty and are still really happy.

great relationships normally happen to people who are happy with who they are and don't wish for more...
    it seems you've realised your problem, so just start by writing up lists of things to tell yourself when you are feeling jealous of her.

Hope that helps!

I was jealous of my sister in plenty of ways when I was younger - she has blonde hair, mine is mousy; she has large boobs, mine are smaller; she has a great relationship with mum, mine is lousy; I could site a million things.
    BUT as time has gone on, things have changed. I found somebody who loved me for ME and not in relation to how I compared with her. We all change as we grow older and I learnt that hair colour does not always have to stay the same and that vivid red hair brings out the colour of my eyes and my tan and is so different from my sisters that comparisions are pointless. I found my own identity.
    Why don't you try and stop comparing yourself to your sister and instead find your own identity. Work out what interests you and excel at it. Go to the hairderssers or the pharmacy and colour your hair, give yourself a new look, and learn to (as cheesy as it may sound) LOVE YOURSELF!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    BUT as time has gone on, things have changed. I found somebody who loved me for ME and not in relation to how I compared with her. We all change as we grow older and I learnt that hair colour does not always have to stay the same and that vivid red hair brings out the colour of my eyes and my tan and is so different from my sisters that comparisions are pointless. I found my own identity.
    i dont even have a sister so i havent been through this but what u said here is a good point

I had kinda same problem my sister was the lucky one getting the easy way out with looks,everybody say she looks gorgeous,but it makes me proud of her, and for sure you have some qualities that outstands the looks of your sister ,it's not always about looks you get used to looks and if she acts like a kid and makes fun of your feelings how does that makes her the one with the great personality it just points to the shallowness in her.!!!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    PFFFFFFFFT yeh. my little sis is gorgeous too.. thin, blonde, pretty, good personality, guys love her, better social life than me, better sex life than me (lol) and whatever else. but she (at least has said) she's jealous of my "intelligence" (I put it in brackets cos i dont think im very intelligent at all) and has said im pretty too and have bigger boobs and a good figure or whatever. whatever she's said i havent really believed but whatever.
    i am vaguely jealous just because i was allowed to do **** all when i was her age, and i was an ugly big beast of a dork, buuut whatever, i love her and as long as she's happy.

ReputationRep:
    thread means little without pictures.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your sister how you feel.
    And im sure theres plenty of positives about you to, once you stop comparing yourself to your sister, plus all these guys like her for her looks and your jealous, personally thoe i would rather people liked me for my personallity rather than my looks, surely you feel the same and therefore shouldn't be jealous.

Strongly agree with technik.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  jess (4).jpg
Views: 158
Size:  138.2 KB<my sister at 13 and me 17.
    Name:  me.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  147.8 KB<me today.literally. lol.
    Basically... she's really pretty, and I'm a bit not.
    But im not the OP, I just relate.
    Except Im not jealous, as Im so proud of her (not cos she's pretty..cos she's talented with singing and acting) it's untrue.

From the first pic, the girl on the right is "cuter", sure, but the one on the left is prettier...

ReputationRep:
    you shouldn't get jealous over your younger sister of all people. i used to envy my elder sister because i always thought she got all the attention. now i don't really mind. i love her tons and miss her loads. :suith:
    once you've grown up, you'd realise that getting jealous over your sister was plain silly and immature.

ReputationRep:
    Your sister looks like a gremlin, burningwings.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.