Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can i use home perm solution to straighten my hair>? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is it safe? my hair is slightly processed, i dyed it like 7 months ago. its wavy, and coarser and thicker each strand than european hair (im very very mixed races!) a bit like maybe curly indian hair but not like black people hair. i cant straighten it with GHDS or any products and believe me i've tried alot. and even if i straighten most of it, it curls up again within an hour or so, with hairspray!

i read online that its ok to relax hair by combing through with home perm solution. exactly like perming but instead you just comb it rather than rolling up . i cant see how its any more dangerous or damaging than home perming.

has anyone done this? is it safe? any tips or ideas?

im too scared and poor t get it relaxed properly- the last time i was in a hairdressers and asked for a trim, they cut half my hair off :eek:

ReputationRep:
    eek!! I tried that once and it didn't make the blindest bit of difference!

Except it made my hair feel like wire..

Never again!!

ReputationRep:
    any ideas why it didntwork? i mean, in theory it should be the same. did you neutralise it right, and not wet it for 2 days?

ReputationRep:
    My friend tried it and it came out rather good.. it got rid of all the frizz and though it's not super straight, there's no frizz so it's easy to straighten and not so rebelllious

ReputationRep:
    ooooh!!!

how do you know how long to leave it on for - with curls you leave it until the hair makes an S shape. what about straight hair and also is it ok to put in conditionar after the perm or not?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.