This discussion is closed.
UndiscoverdSelf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hello

(i realise there has already been a thread about this, but i thought i would start a new one as more people might read it and reply...)

i'm interested in doing a latin summer school this summer, before i go up to cambridge to read english. has anyone had any experience of such courses? the other thread seemed to recommend the jact summer school, which seems to be held at wells this year. is this the best one to go on? is there a particular, erm, demographic for these courses?

thanks, will appreciate all your many replies, so that i know what i'm letting myself in for... i don't really, you see, want to spend a fortnight in a field with lots of tweedy classics undergraduates and their beloved profs. just joking, it would be jolly good fun.
naelse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I went to a classics summer school for greek last year, i'm going to read classics at cambridge next year, and I'd never be seen dead in tweed.

There seemed to be a god mix when I went, but then I went to the London Summer School, which was probably more erm diverse than the norm. Then again, having visited a few classics departments over the past few months, the stereotype of tweedy classics professors is built solely on one of the cambridge profs...

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised...
Minta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think the City Lit in London does a Latin summer school, as when I went on a beginners' Latin course that started in the autumn quite a few members of the class had been on the summer school. I don't know if City Lit runs Latin summer classes for other levels, though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (91)
52.91%
No they should not (61)
35.47%
Abstain (20)
11.63%

Watched Threads