Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me any good French & Spanish songs/artists/bands. I'm an ALevel student & would just like something to listen to. Pop music is ok, & like English bands such as Greenday & Keane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimzotic)
    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me any good French & Spanish songs/artists/bands. I'm an ALevel student & would just like something to listen to. Pop music is ok, & like English bands such as Greenday & Keane
    Oh Spanish-wise Shakira is awesome (her Spanish language albums are on iTunes), also you could try Enrique Iglesias' Spanish stuff, but he vaguely irritates me. There's this IMMENSE song called 'La Camisa Negra' by a guy called Juanes, it's so good
    But definitely try Shakira, I just love her Spanish music!

ReputationRep:
    I realy like a spanish song: 20 de enero by la oreja de van gogh.
    Anyone know an music similar to this? in French or Spanish

ReputationRep:
    Good spanish music = Aventura

ReputationRep:
    Good french music = kyo (lol i mention them a lot) and the great thing about them is that as well as the music being great, u can actually hear clearly the lyrics which arent that complicated! I found it great for learning!

ReputationRep:
    La Oreja de Van Gogh are actually pretty good! Well as far as Spanish pop goes anyway.

Gypsy Kings - actually from the south of France but they sing in Spanish, pretty good greatest hits album around, and a cover of Hotel California
    Orishas - Cuban rap group, don't understand too much they say but pretty good songs anyway! Tumbando y dando is my favourite
    M-Clan
    Alex Ubago - kinda like Enrique Iglesias, probably better though

Kimzotic - Nunca Volvera is one that comes to mind, also by La Oreja de Van Gogh... good album of theirs is Que Te Conte Mientras Te Haces La Dormida

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...541493-3409409

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimzotic)
    I realy like a spanish song: 20 de enero by la oreja de van gogh.
    Anyone know an music similar to this? in French or Spanish
    Oh I know them! I can't really remember what they're like though, as my teacher played them to us during their whole 'lets make Spanish exciting' phase:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    in french, there are Pleymo("new wave","rock", moddadiction" ... ), vegastar ("100ème étage"), kyo ("le chemin", "je cours", "contact",...) .

Raphael is good ("caravane", et dans 150 ans", "sur la route", .... ) or again Noir Désir with the title "un jour en france" or " l'homme pressé".

There is Johnny Hallyday of course and Gerald de palmas ...

I have not anymore ideas ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenounette)

Raphael is good ("caravane"
    i adore that song!

i would back up reccomendations for shakira and juanes. i like oreja de van gogh's songs but the woman has the most irritating songs ever. i quite like estopa but their songs all sound the same after a while. their albums estopa and la calle es tuya? are good fun though.

i posted my reccomendations for french music in a thread the other day, will find it.

ReputationRep:
    There is a really really funny Spanish song called 'eres funky'. My Spanish teacher sort of danced to it in a very embarrassing way.

ReputationRep:
    more ideas for french stuff in this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211483

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannemann)
    There is a really really funny Spanish song called 'eres funky'. My Spanish teacher sort of danced to it in a very embarrassing way.
    Lol such a good title!! Thankfully my Spanish teachers haven't resorted to dancing

ReputationRep:
    Shakira is great. I have her Fijación Oral vol.1 album and I really like her songs

ReputationRep:
    I´ve got Shakira´s Fijación Oral vol.1 album too! Also got a Ricky Martin one in spanish recently not sure if it´s any good. There´s always Alejandro Sanz too!

For French I like Lorie and there´s a song by 113 that I like but can´t remember the name at the moment. Another song which I think is great is ´Et puis la terre...´a song by various french artists (think they released it under the name ASIE) for the Tsunami.

That´s all I can think of for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Shakira is great. I have her Fijación Oral vol.1 album and I really like her songs
    YES that album rocks! I love her earlier stuff too, her album Donde Están Los Ladrones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawan)
    Also got a Ricky Martin one in spanish recently not sure if it´s any good. There´s always Alejandro Sanz too!

For French I like Lorie
    trois, deux, un, ca y c'est le weekend! a great tune. i love her.

alejandro sanz has one of the loveliest voices ever.

oh have brigitte bardot's greatest hits and the songs are gems. she's a fool but she made some brilliant 60's french pop songs.#

nolwenn leroy is a reality tv winner but is amazing, and so credible she has worked with some of the most respected names in french music like alain souchon and laurent voulzy. she makes lovely original tunes and has a gorgeous voice. she is also one of the most photogenic people on this earth.

oh one of the greatest pop songs of all time is comment te dire adieu by francoise hardy. look it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawan)
    For French I like Lorie
    this is for the very young one, between 10 and 12 years:p: . this is not great ... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Surprised Manu Chao hasn't been mentioned. He's Spanish but grew up in France so some albums are mostly Spanish, others French and some songs are in English, many songs are a mixture as well.

I have one album 'Esperanza' which is a mixture of languages and an upbeat Mediterrainian style, my other one 'Radio Bemba' is all in Spanish, some of it reggae, a live recording I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenounette)
    this is for the very young one, between 10 and 12 years:p: . this is not great ... :rolleyes:
    im 22 and i think she's good!

do you know who is good? priscilla! i love that song bric a brac, its brilliant! and it contains the word igloo, which is a thoroughly underused word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessa)

do you know who is good? priscilla! i love that song bric a brac, its brilliant! and it contains the word igloo, which is a thoroughly underused word.
    i like also this song ...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.