Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've changed pill brands recently and since then I've not stopped eating, its not a problem me putting on weight as I'm underweight anyway but all I can think about is food. I really don't know what I can do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    its just an difference of pill effects on hormones- give it a few weeks and it'll be ok. Your body just needs to balance itself out again xxx big hugs :p:

ReputationRep:
    usually you would get a new brand for 3 months... and then return to see how you got on with it... the pill can give you a bigger appetite so its not that uncommon, but another pill might suit you better.

been on it 2 months now, its dianette by the way. Gettin ridiculous. Just ate a three course meal and I don't feel like i've eaten all day, just don't get that 'full feeling' anymore

ReputationRep:
    if you prescribed dianette it is usually because of a skin complaint and its very effective in treating such disorders as acne...

all pills do have a potential for incresed appetite but usually after the fist 3 months it wil have settled down.

if you are finding it effective for your skin you will need to weigh up whtehr you want to continue with it or if the increased appetite is too much of a problem.

Its not working on my skin yet but i'm going to give it time. I knew that my appitite would increase, but its just so bad ahhhhhhh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.