Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am actually going to comit murder :mad:

My "liberal" mother, who was perfectly happy with my going out/clubbing this weekend has now had a major fit at my for not workng enough. She always goes on telling me to relax and stuff...hypocrite.
    I was really happy because it was my first day of proper revision and i did 4hours , which should of been 6 if she didnt instist on going shopping:mad:

Anyway i guess the real reason i'm so pissed off because i know i should of worked more, and know am really worried about all of those exams to come

So is it really too late? Honestly have you all started months ago?

arghhhhhhhh!

ReputationRep:
    well i've not started revision yet, thats tomorrows plan as i went to work today! its definatly not too late, i don't know anyone who has already started as easter is the ideal time- about 7/8 weeks off exams. you can only do as much work as you can, and i dont think many people can sit for 6 hours straight and work- its much better to do it all gradually and often as you take more in this way.

today is only one day, just because you didn't do as much work as you wanted today doesn't mean you are going to fail your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanie)
    well i've not started revision yet, thats tomorrows plan as i went to work today! its definatly not too late, i don't know anyone who has already started as easter is the ideal time- about 7/8 weeks off exams. you can only do as much work as you can, and i dont think many people can sit for 6 hours straight and work- its much better to do it all gradually and often as you take more in this way.

today is only one day, just because you didn't do as much work as you wanted today doesn't mean you are going to fail your exams.

Aww thanks for that i feel much better now

I guess i feel my revision its self isn't going too well, and i'm trying to go through EVERYTHING starting from the beginning, so as a result its all quite easy stuff, so i dont feel i'm getting anywhere:mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling the same, getting really worried now. Only about 7 months left or just under. It takes me ages to revise about 2 hours for a single topic to revise. I'm very worried but i guess everyone must be right?

ReputationRep:
    I think you mean weeks...7 months...bliss!

I feel like any work i do is going really slowly aswell, it's just all too much

ReputationRep:
    I've got my mocks in Physics, Chemistry and Mechanics next week... Fun, fun, fun!! I had best get going on revision :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    I've got my mocks in Physics, Chemistry and Mechanics next week... Fun, fun, fun!! I had best get going on revision :eek:
    Why? They're only mocks :p:

ReputationRep:
    i havnt started dont worry, though my 1st exam is 2 months away :rolleyes: Its best to be worried makes u wanna do revision thats certainly been a driving factor for me.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started yet either. 4 hours is a perfectly resonable amount of revision to do in a day. Just try to keep that up and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I must admit hearing everyone say they havent begun revision is a huge relief!!! Still I suppose you gotta start sometime...and that time is nigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)

My "liberal" mother, who was perfectly happy with my going out/clubbing this weekend has now had a major fit at my for not workng enough. She always goes on telling me to relax and stuff...hypocrite.
    I was really happy because it was my first day of proper revision and i did 4hours , which should of been 6 if she didnt instist on going shopping:mad:

Anyway i guess the real reason i'm so pissed off because i know i should of worked more, and know am really worried about all of those exams to come

arghhhhhhhh!

ReputationRep:
    I did 8hrs today...phew! Am totally knackered, but managed pretty fine with breaks in between. Today was a pretty easy day though i did C1, chem equations, and stalin, and hitler! Feel slightly better but still scared i wont get through it all. Now how long can i keep on sticking to timetable.......

ETA: I did it all using fonzis blank table, it really helped plan it all out.

ReputationRep:
    i havnt started yet

ReputationRep:
    I did 8hrs today...phew! Am totally knackered, but managed pretty fine with breaks in between. Today was a pretty easy day though i did C1, chem equations, and stalin, and hitler! Feel slightly better but still scared i wont get through it all. Now how long can i keep on sticking to timetable.......

ETA: I did it all using fonzis blank table, it really helped plan it all out.
    Yea i know how it feels about studying 8 hours a day. Pretty tired at the end of the day but feel quite satisfied.

ReputationRep:

arghhhhhhhh!
    Relax, depending on how much you can remember your classwork, revision shouldn't take long. If you paid enough attention in class, you could probably get away with studying the evening before exams.

ReputationRep:
    I've only really done the homework I've been set which luckily all seems to be past papers and that kinda thing x

ReputationRep:
    4 solid hours revision a day is about right.

ReputationRep:
    yea but must make sure no day dreaming or whatsoever during that 4 hours

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.