The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Architecture BSc at Coventry University

I'm in year 13 studying Art, Product Design and History. (I also live in Coventry).

I've been looking at Architecture courses at UCL- looks amazing- and various art courses also like at Goldsmiths. But I've recently come across the Architecture course at Coventry. The entry requirement is BBB, so a bit lower than the UCL requirement, which is AAB.

Just wondering if anyone is currently doing the Architecture course at Cov? What's it like? Are the facilities good? Overall feelings towards the course and Cov?
I don't think Coventry is an accredited course. Here is the list http://www.architecture.com/Files/RIBAProfessionalServices/Education/Validation/2010/UKSchoolsList.pdf
If you don't do an accredited course you have to pay £1000 to the RIBA to get your portfolio validated.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
I don't think Coventry is an accredited course. The list is on the RIBA website, search google for 'UK Schools of Architecture with courses validated by the
RIBA'. I can't post the link for some reason.
If you don't do an accredited course you have to pay £1000 to the RIBA to get your portfolio validated.
Thanks, just checked out the list, really helpful :smile:
Reply 4
Hey,
I am studying Architecture at Coventry Uni and it seems to me that the info on web is not up to date. The Architecture BSc course at Coventry Univeristy has been ARB accredited in Dec 2011 and is currently seeking RIBA accreditation. And this is only because the course is so new;The first generation of students had to finish their third year for the university to be able to apply for any accreditation.
If you are interested in applying to Cov Uni I am sure it will have RIBA accreditation until you finish, as our lecturers are trying as hard as possible to get the it before we graduate.
If you are interested in more info about the course, contact me and I will be happy to help.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi there Chtiss22,

Im looking to study architecture at coventry uni next september and Would be interested in hearing what you have to say about thé course at that uni?

Thanks

Quick Reply