The Student Room Group

netball trials?

i havent played in years! what do trials consist of? Iv forgotten what the positions etc are too.. you dont have to be a pro to go along do you? I just wanted to take it up again at uni :smile: Also what do you wear?.. Actually what are trials?
From what I hear playing for the University (well, at Manchester anyway) can get ridiculously competitive. However, there are often other less competitive teams (e.g. halls or course societies that have netball teams) which you may find it easier to get into.

Don't forget that there are other sports where your height (I presume you're reasonably tall) will be a great advantage - basketball, rowing, athletics etc. all spring to mind.
Reply 2
A a rule of thumb,

The more common and popular the sport, the harder it will be to get into and the more anonymous you will feel.
The less common the sport, the friendlier and more welcoming the committee will be because the more they need to keep their members.
Reply 3
Original post by tpxvs
i havent played in years! what do trials consist of? Iv forgotten what the positions etc are too.. you dont have to be a pro to go along do you? I just wanted to take it up again at uni :smile: Also what do you wear?.. Actually what are trials?

Positions are:
GS - Goal Shooter
GK - Goal Keeper
GD - Goal Defence
GA- Goal Attack
WA - Wing Attack
WD - Wing Defence
C - Centre

It will depend on the uni you are going to - for example, some uni's have competitive teams and social teams - where you only have to be of a reasonable standard for the competitive teams. For trials you could probably wear pretty much any sporty outfit eg: shorts/joggers and a tshirt. What the trial would include would vary from uni to uni.

hope this has helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending