Turn on thread page Beta

What id your Dream Job? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey all, i go to a inner city school so you know that it will be rubbish, i have already got 2 GCSE because i did them early. i did RE and got 77/100 (B) Darn those 3 marks!!! and i got a B at intermediate tier in maths because my teracher didnt allow me to do higher tier!!!!!
    what are your intended ncareers all the people i have spoke to on here achieve A and B i would be lucky if i even see an A grade.

i am predicted the following what do you guys think?

Double Science A
    Media A
    Maths (Higher B im worker very hard for an A though)
    Business B
    Graphics b
    Citezenship B
    Re B (taken(
    Maths (intermediate B)
    ICT GNVQ (ill be lucky to scrape a C because my coursework is rubbish because i only get 2 hours a week rather than 15!!!)
    Stastics B
    English B (but ill be lucky to even get a C)

i want to be a Stockbroker when i am older because i have an interest in the area and i like the lifestyle. what jobs do you want to do?

Let me know what you think

V

if there is any advice on how to achieve my ideal job please help

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know exactly what a stockbroker does but something tells me it's a damn good job which is very difficult to get into. Your GCSE grades are very good (although people like to winge here that you've only got a chance unless you get straight A*/As) but I'm not sure if they are good enough to go into a stockbroker job unless you're school has really failed you in which case your A-levels become top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    hey all, i go to a inner city school so you know that it will be rubbish, i have already got 2 GCSE because i did them early. i did RE and got 77/100 (B) Darn those 3 marks!!! and i got a B at intermediate tier in maths because my teracher didnt allow me to do higher tier!!!!!
    what are your intended ncareers all the people i have spoke to on here achieve A and B i would be lucky if i even see an A grade.

i am predicted the following what do you guys think?

Double Science A
    Media A
    Maths (Higher B im worker very hard for an A though)
    Business B
    Graphics b
    Citezenship B
    Re B (taken(
    Maths (intermediate B)
    ICT GNVQ (ill be lucky to scrape a C because my coursework is rubbish because i only get 2 hours a week rather than 15!!!)
    Stastics B
    English B (but ill be lucky to even get a C)

i want to be a Stockbroker when i am older because i have an interest in the area and i like the lifestyle. what jobs do you want to do?

Let me know what you think

V

if there is any advice on how to achieve my ideal job please help
    hate to break your heart but the chances are unless you go on to do amazingly at A level (including A level maths) you wont have the opportunity to become a stockbrocker.

Your best bet is to become a professional gambler (that is all a stockbroker is) yourself instead of working for a company. You can easily make 300-400k a year. You just have to get capital to start up, thats the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Well, work and try and beat the predictions - it's the best way to get what you want.

My ideal job is to be an A&E consultant at the moment. Might change though - don't know if I could handle the strain.

(Original post by happysunshine)
    I don't really know exactly what a stockbroker does but something tells me it's a damn good job which is very difficult to get into. Your GCSE grades are very good (although people like to winge here that you've only got a chance unless you get straight A*/As) but I'm not sure if they are good enough to go into a stockbroker job unless you're school has really failed you in which case your A-levels become top.
    you dont know what a stockbroker does but it seems a 'damn good job'?

your not sure if his gcses are good enough to 'go into a stockbroker job' ?

sorry sweetie but what you said was babble ..... a stock broker is a slang name for an 'equity salesperson' , they need luck, a quick eye for cash flows, and quick thinking as well as a degree
    gcses they dont care about

the job involves being on the phone, watching cash flows, and trying to make profit for the company

the profit you make depends on how successful you are and of course the size of the PLC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa4)

sorry sweetie but what you said was babble ..... a stock broker is a slang name for an 'equity salesperson' , they need luck, a quick eye for cash flows, and quick thinking as well as a degree

the job involves being on the phone, watching cash flows, and trying to make profit for the company

the profit you make depends on how successful you are and of course the size of the PLC

Er, yes it does matter what grades you get. Companies wont employ you in most cases unless you have a good degree.

ReputationRep:

I told you I don't know what they are nor do I really care.

ReputationRep:
    My ideal job, to be an Archaeologist!!
    (but never to appear on Time Team!)

(Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Er, yes it does matter what grades you get. Companies wont employ you in most cases unless you have a good degree.
    what do you think they will do?
    take a good looking dude with 10 a's at GCSE or take a dorky looking geek with no business strategy with 11 a stars?

ReputationRep:
    take a good looking dude with 10 a's at GCSE or take a dorky looking geek with no business strategy with 11 a stars?
    I said someone with a degree. To get on a tope degree course, you are more likely to get on with A*'s.

ReputationRep:
    it depends whether this dude is applying to be a model, or trying to get a proper job I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    it depends whether this dude is applying to be a model, or trying to get a proper job I suppose.
    Good looks and good grades help - they go hand in hand - one cannot go without the other in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    My ideal job, to be an Archaeologist!!
    (but never to appear on Time Team!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Good looks and good grades help - they go hand in hand - one cannot go without the other in my opinion
    I can prove that one wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I can prove that one wrong.
    well doesnt apply to oxbridge students!!! - i am going to UCL this sept (hopefully) and it will matter - luckily i dont have any problems in either department

ReputationRep:
    i want to be a TV Producer

(Original post by Joey_Johns)
    hate to break your heart but the chances are unless you go on to do amazingly at A level (including A level maths) you wont have the opportunity to become a stockbrocker.
    That some serious pesimissm considering this person hasn't even taken thier GCSE's yet. I got a B in GCSE maths (two of them infact) and Im predicted an A at A2 maths. There is absolutely no reason why this person cannot become a stockbroker, apart from if they start listening to people like yourself. I would also point out that GCSE's all at A/A* are not a prerequisite for entry to a good university (my collection of B's proves this) and you don't actually require a wonderful degree to become a stockbroker anyway. An ability to spot trends and predict how things will turn out in a very variable situation would serve you just as well in conjustion with a 2:1 from a nice respectable uni!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    well doesnt apply to oxbridge students!!! - i am going to UCL this sept (hopefully) and it will matter - luckily i dont have any problems in either department
    But surely that means there are thousands of exceptions to your rule that good-looking and clever go together? I thought they were meant to be opposites!

ReputationRep:
    wanna be on the radio, Talksport or soemthing

dream job would be vocalist in a band though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    But surely that means there are thousands of exceptions to your rule that good-looking and clever go together? I thought they were meant to be opposites!
    no no - i meant that both are essential

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.