Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas? I'm starting an archaeology PhD--so I don't want to live with all first year undergrads, but I don't want a deathly quiet, drab existence either. Preferably someplace with a bunch of postgrads.

I'm leaning towards university housing my first year--just because it's easier to coordinate overseas. But I'm open to anything--any ideas?

Thanks!

--steve

ReputationRep:
    Hi Steve,
    I'm going to UCL too! I'm an American who'll be doing an MSc. I have no idea where they're going to put us. I'm sending in the forms today and sweated over the accomm choices. I put "proximity to PG/mature students" as my number one...even though I will be a young PG student (i'm 22).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VivaNepal)
    Any ideas? I'm starting an archaeology PhD--so I don't want to live with all first year undergrads, but I don't want a deathly quiet, drab existence either. Preferably someplace with a bunch of postgrads.

I'm leaning towards university housing my first year--just because it's easier to coordinate overseas. But I'm open to anything--any ideas?

Thanks!

--steve
    Hi, I'm a 2nd-year PhD student at UCL. In my first year, I lived in a 6-room flat in the UCL residence hall Langton Close, about 15-min walk to the main campus. Only one of my flatmates was an undergrad; he actually moved in after an exchange PG moved out. We had a great time together there. Some of us still keep in contact with each other. I actually just visited one of them in Paris. There are several UCL residence halls espeically reserved for postgrads. Yes, I did the same thing as Shady_Lane as I applied for UCL accomodation. As for as I know, if you put "living with PG" as your priority, you'll end up living with PGs.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.