Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do parents ask and say some stupid things? watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I don't know why they do it.

This might all seem really trivial, but my Mum was just heading off to bed (or computer is in the main living room) and I'm sat at the computer and she asks me if I want the fire leaving on while she is stood next to it. I say no, turn it off. Then he asks me if I want her to turn it off or not. Well why the hell wouldn't I want her to turn it off? I mean she's just asked me if I want it leaving on. I said no. She is stood right next to it and I'm the other side of the room...????!!!!

Then she asks if I want the TV leaving on. I say yes. Do I want the remote? I say yes again. She comes right across the room to pas it to me. I have my hand held out to take it from her, but she moves right past my hand and stretches to put it on the table at the side of me, making her job so much more difficult.

I just find all this a little odd... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Probably mothering you as much as possible before you fly the nest / move to the basement (depending on the amount of geekish tendencies you have).
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Stick Man)
    Probably mothering you as much as possible before you fly the nest / move to the basement (depending on the amount of geekish tendencies you have).
    I hadn't seen her since New Year until last night and I'm only here for less than a week now, so maybe that is the case

ReputationRep:
    I once went into town when I was going out with this guy and my mum came to pick me up I kissed him quickly on the lips goodbye, got into the car and mum said oh who's that are you going out with him, I mean i'm hardly going to kiss a guy randoml if i'm not going out with him.

ReputationRep:
    Parents just always do things like that. They have no logic at all sometimes. Especially mums.

ReputationRep:
    Little things like that piss me off a treat when I go back home to see the rents, hence I just stay in York now.

ReputationRep:
    You have a fire place? nice.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by ant1337)
    You have a fire place? nice.
    :confused: Don't most houses have fireplaces where their fires are? It is only standard gas fire but when the house was built about 118 years ago it would have been coal.

Are you even replying to my post with this comment. Oh dear I'm confused...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Little things like that piss me off a treat when I go back home to see the rents, hence I just stay in York now.
    Yeah, I think I will be back up there soon too. I only got back down here yesterday, but already I'm looking to going back up to York soon.

And you might not be interested, but the houses I'd seen advertised for the spare rooms haven't worked out yet. But I've just emailed about a newly advertised room tonight...so fingers crossed...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.