Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The police are absolute *****, unmarked police car behind me on my way to tescos pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket.

Absolute *****.

ReputationRep:
    I can sense you're mad :-"

ReputationRep:
    Bet you wouldnt say that if you ran over a kid.

ReputationRep:
    That's what you get dumbass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    Bet you wouldnt say that if you ran over a kid.
    I wasn't intending to run over any kids, whats that got to do with speeding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I wasn't intending to run over any kids, whats that got to do with speeding?
    You not seen the slow mo b&w tv advert then? Where the kid's pelvis snaps on the bumper as the car plows into him?

ReputationRep:
    The police are absolute *****, unmarked police car behind me on my way to tescos pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket.

Absolute *****.
    How many officers?
    Did they have evidence?
    Were they far behind you or trailing you?

And regards to speeding, I'm sure half your Mums and Dads have fethched 3 points going through a GATSO too fast. Lets not get stupid here.

ReputationRep:

Absolute *****.
    How fast were you speeding and how long was he trailing you for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve Stifler)
    You not seen the slow mo b&w tv advert then? Where the kid's pelvis snaps on the bumper as the car plows into him?
    Probably, whats it got to do with me speeding?

ReputationRep:
    Probably, whats it got to do with me speeding?
    The advert is based on the fact that had the car not been speeding then the police wouldn't be scraping the kid off the bonnet.

ReputationRep:
    There were 2 officers, evidence was the speed gun.

The speed gun reckoned I was doing 50 and it registered me at 866feet.

ReputationRep:
    The advert is based on the fact that had the car not been speeding then the police wouldn't be scraping the kid off the bonnet.
    Only an idiot would speed where there are kids likely to run into the road.

ReputationRep:
    Shoulda kept to the speed limit then, really...

Was it one of those places notorious for having a ludicrously low speed limit? there's one near me that goes from 30mph to 20mph as you go down a dip, then back up to 30mph after the dip. And has a speed camera.

That one's just silly.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if they were trailing me or whatever, basically, I sped away from some lights to try and beat the next set, got through, then I just started doing the speed limit again, and I was stuck behind a bus for a good 1-2 miles. Then they pulled me over.

ReputationRep:
    Come on mate. We all speed from time to time, I'm sure the guy doesn't need a verbal bashing on top of his ticket. I think we all get what your saying, but its very hypothetical.

We could have that for everything.

ReputationRep:
    Only an idiot would speed where there are kids likely to run into the road.
    Only an idiot would speed full stop.

ReputationRep:
    Wow - I love the moralising in this thread. :rolleyes:

I hope nobody who is getting on their high-horse ever exceeds 70 on the motorway. There is a difference between doing 50 in a built-up 30mph zone and doing 65/70 on a 60 country road or 50 on a 40. Driving is about judgement and yes, the speed limit is there for a reason and you can get busted for exceeding it (hence this thread being here - bad luck btw!) but ultimately you can be a safe driver and still do slightly more than the limit.

So stop being so arsey about it basically!

Edit: Having said that, there is a sure-fire way to not get speeding tickets! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Shoulda kept to the speed limit then, really...

Was it one of those places notorious for having a ludicrously low speed limit? there's one near me that goes from 30mph to 20mph as you go down a dip, then back up to 30mph after the dip. And a speed camera.

That one's just silly.
    I thought the limit was 40mph when it was 30mph, doesn't matter, as they caught me doing 50mph, apparantly.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if they were trailing me or whatever, basically, I sped away from some lights to try and beat the next set, got through, then I just started doing the speed limit again, and I was stuck behind a bus for a good 1-2 miles. Then they pulled me over.
    What reason did they give for pulling you?

If they say they saw you speeding, then the chances are you can easily get off the 3 points or possibly 4 (whatever speed you done).
    They will no doubt then say they used a device to clock your speed. They don't normally give details on the form of how they have caught you, but 9/10 it was just by observing unless its roadside traffic cops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    So stop being so arsey about it basically!
    Doesn't bring people back from the dead though does it?

And don't say "bad luck". Yes, it was rather unfortunate you plowed into another car and killed some one, ho hum.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.