The Student Room Group

IELTS and UCAS

Hello there! I'm really sorry if this kind of thread has been posted before, but honestly I've been searching frantically and have not been able to find a similar one. I am an international student applying from Poland and I've encountered a problem with UCAS. This summer I took the IELTS exam which is mandatory for internationals, just to get it off my chest. I got my results, but I have no idea how to enter them into the online application form. Do I have to enter the exam centre and my band score under the 'Education' section? Or do I just supply my TRF Number in the 'Personal Details' section? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance :smile:
Reply 1
please anyone? :c
There is no special field for them but I think you can add it as a new qualification the way you add your schools and subjects, I hope you get what I mean. I'm not quite sure but I don't see a better option so that's what I'm gonna do. :smile:
P.S. I'm from Lithuania :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by shutthedoor
There is no special field for them but I think you can add it as a new qualification the way you add your schools and subjects, I hope you get what I mean. I'm not quite sure but I don't see a better option so that's what I'm gonna do. :smile:
P.S. I'm from Lithuania :smile:

That's what I was thinking too, but you can't add new qualifications without adding a new school or institution I think. I'm not going to put down my exam center as an educational institution since I was only there for one day. Do you think I should add it under the high school I was attending while taking the exam?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Liquidise.
That's what I was thinking too, but you can't add new qualifications without adding a new school or institution I think. I'm not going to put down my exam center as an educational institution since I was only there for one day. Do you think I should add it under the high school I was attending while taking the exam?

Yes. That's what I did with my music exam. However I don't think you have to put in IELTS in the qualification bit since it'll be part of the conditional offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Allen_x
Yes. That's what I did with my music exam. However I don't think you have to put in IELTS in the qualification bit since it'll be part of the conditional offer.

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to do. Theoretically, there is a separate place to put in your IELTS TRF number inder the Personal Details section, but I can't be sure if that's enough to confirm I've taken the test. Maybe I'll call up UCAS or something. Thank you everyone for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending