Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    good afternoon everyone!
    i just got back from New York and it is like the most amazing place ever!!! i loved it
    I was just wondering if anyone else has been there and what they think of it??
    what do you think is the best thing there??
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I went a few years ago but loved it. I liked Ellis Island, Empire state building, The Guggenheim museum and the MOMA.

ReputationRep:
    Is the Guggenheim ridiculously expensive? I heard it was the most expensive art gallery in the world...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_cutie44)
    good afternoon everyone!
    i just got back from New York and it is like the most amazing place ever!!! i loved it
    I was just wondering if anyone else has been there and what they think of it??
    what do you think is the best thing there??
    xx
    Yeah, I love it... I went over summer to check out Columbia University. I don't like the subway, but that's only because i love london's tube so much.

I've been there a few times, and had the chance to eat at Windows of the World restaurant at the top of one of the twin towers - that was pretty fantastic. Central park is very nice too, and battery park. The shopping is great, especially on fifth and madison.

It's a great city ... there are too many things I love to mention them all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    Yeah, I love it... I went over summer to check out Columbia University. I don't like the subway, but that's only because i love london's tube so much.

I've been there a few times, and had the chance to eat at Windows of the World restaurant at the top of one of the twin towers - that was pretty fantastic. Central park is very nice too, and battery park. The shopping is great, especially on fifth and madison.

It's a great city ... there are too many things I love to mention them all!
    Yeah I hear there is a lidl there.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of entrance fee? I have no idea ... but it's such a cool museum. I went there a while ago and there was the coolest Armani exhibition. Basically, the building is just one huge spiral walkway ... along the walkway there were so many of these fabulous dresses.

ReputationRep:
    we went to ground zero, it is so sad, the atmosphere around there is just so weird and you dont know how to act.
    i'm really glad i went though because after being there it has really made me realise what some people have to go through everyday, i mean imagine working next to it and have to relive what happened everyday-i know i wouldnt be able to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Yeah I hear there is a lidl there.
    lol ... hmm, i should check this place out sometime it seems to have quite the reputation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Is the Guggenheim ridiculously expensive? I heard it was the most expensive art gallery in the world...
    I it was quite expensive, about $15-$25. You can spend most of a day in there though, and the collection is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    i've been. my dad got taken away by the security ppl at the empire state building.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i've been. my dad got taken away by the security ppl at the empire state building.
    lol
    I'm the same with airports. They always try to arrest me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    lol ... hmm, i should check this place out sometime it seems to have quite the reputation.
    Apparently according to my friend who lived in Holland for a while Lidl is the premier supermarket there, and the most prestigious. Quite interseting I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol
    LOL What did he do that got him taken away by security??

ReputationRep:
    I've been.. wanna go back. Best thing = Madison Square Garden.

ReputationRep:
    I was in NY in Janurary, FANTASTIC place I loved every second of it! Favourite part was probably going to the top of the Empire State. Ground Zero was eerie, such a quiet little are in the middle of this crazy city.
    Loved the place, can't say enough good things about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I've been.. wanna go back. Best thing = Madison Square Garden.
    You're avatar gives you away a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Apparently according to my friend who lived in Holland for a while Lidl is the premier supermarket there, and the most prestigious. Quite interseting I thought.
    LOL is that the supermarket that stocks cheap German grub?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Yes.

Amexblack buys his chocolate from there according to mjg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    LOL What did he do that got him taken away by security??
    he tried to take these 3 bottles of wine with him - they sed theyd have to take them away, but hed been craving wine for 2 whole days, and had only just bought it, so he wouldnt give it up. lol
    they just put it in this safe in the end and we went up, they searched us all really thorughly though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    It's the supermarket that mjg thought I shopped at ... and then proceeded to create an entire thread about it :P
    In reality, I said I liked lindt chocolate, which mjg thinks comes from lidl

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.