Turn on thread page Beta

What football team do you support? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Not having a go, but how do you support them? Go to games, buy shirts, just watch them on TV? It amuses me when people say you're not a real supporter because you don't go to games, well pardon me for living bloody miles away from the ground.
    I go to games when i get a chance, but i do live hundreds of miles away, so i don't go to many.
    I don't buy the shirt, because i don't go for that sort of clothing in general.
    And i watch them on TV when they are on, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Yes. Being addicted to such an entertaining and beautifully named (and kitted-out) team with such pedigree and history, indeed creates a problem.
    Villa won the European cup in the 80's didn't they? It was weird when Man Utd won the cup in 1999, everyone said they had lots of success in Europe, but before it they'd won it the same amount of times as Villa, and now the same amount of times as Forest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Villa won the European cup in the 80's didn't they? It was weird when Man Utd won the cup in 1999, everyone said they had lots of success in Europe, but before it they'd won it the same amount of times as Villa, and now the same amount of times as Forest
    I've heard that quoted so many times.
    Their success isn't just down to their trophies.
    Its down to their consistantly brilliant performances, and the fact that they always get at least to the quarter finals.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't Liverpool won it 4 times? Funny how Fergie is the best manager in the universe ever, and Bob Paisley (3 times euro cup winner) is rarely mentioned).
    So you only measure a managers ability on the trophies there team wins?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't Liverpool won it 4 times? Funny how Fergie is the best manager in the universe ever, and Bob Paisley (3 times euro cup winner) is rarely mentioned).
    Yes, and it would have been a lot more if English clubs hadn't been banned from competing in Europe Shankly set up the Liverpool dominance so you have to mention him too. I think the best manager ever award should go to Brian Clough though - he won two European cups with Forest!

ReputationRep:
    That's because all journalists, pundits, commentators, etc are all up Fergusons arse (sorry to put it so bluntly)

ReputationRep:
    i support 'the finest football team, the world has ever seen...yes its ipswiiich town'

ReputationRep:
    Stevenage Bourough and Man u

ReputationRep:
    not forgetting...Crawley Town FC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    not forgetting...Crawley Town FC
    Up the Daggers I say ... Dagenham & Redbridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Up the Daggers I say ... Dagenham & Redbridge
    grrrrr - supporters are foul - went to see them play Charlton in the cup last year.

ReputationRep:
    grrrrr - supporters are foul - went to see them play Charlton in the cup last year.
    hehe - i have only ever been to one match - they are passionate about their football - which is the politest way i could put it

ReputationRep:
    chelsea - as ive been a supporter since i was 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    chelsea - as ive been a supporter since i was 5
    Argh

ReputationRep:
    ermmm...Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    ermmm...Leeds
    hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    who cares?

and what harm does another one do?
    Sorry
    I don't mind much, as new responses come up every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    hmm...
    what?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    No.. you're a glory supporter.

To be honest I don't care that Villa aren't up there challenging. As long as I think that the players are giving their all, then that is OK - because they're my team.
    At least the dark days of Graham Taylor are over.
    now all you have to do is get rid of Ellis and let the glory days return...

As for Hoddle, great chant to start the match when Soton came to Highbury, "stand up if you hate Hoddle" which was one of those rare occasions when both sets of supporters are in unison.

ReputationRep:
    always found the daggers supporters friendly

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.