Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are there any Metalheads in here? Thrash/Speed/Power/Heavy/Death/Black it's all good. Except Nu Metal of course. And Hair Metal.

I am currently into an extremely awesome UK Black Metal band by the name of Anaal Nathrakh ... even though my friends take the mickey 'cos I like a band called "Anal Napsack" :confused: Any sympathisers?

You might want to join this society (if you plan on sticking around) or at least talk to the members:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=201480

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you. I didn't see that, my thread is clearly redundant

No no, your thread will make all the metal kids come out. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaay. They can be an elusive bunch when they're not in a large crowd beating eachother up for fun

Hehehe. So what are you into, then? A load of metal bands I've never heard of with odd names? :p:

ReputationRep:
    YES! Yes I am. You haven't heard of any bands I like because I am better than you :P

I am, of course, joking. I got into Metal because of Rammstein (German is such a brilliant language for the genre) and System of a Down. Who I am still proud to number among my favourite bands. And next week I am seeing Fear Factory. I quite like Industrial Metal .. (even though Fear Factory only JUST qualify as industrial)

I'm getting into heavier stuff lately, though. I am currently enjoying some Grindcore, such as Nasum (which is unfortunate as they've split up :/ ). And of course the aforementioned Black Metal. But I like it fast, none of this dull Ambient stuff.

Ahhh, cool. I recently got into Rammstein in a BIG way. For years they'd just been there, if you know what I mean. I'd listen to the singles but wasn't too bothered and didn't get any albums. I can't get enough of them now. And yes, I think German's such aggressive-sounding language and it's absolutely perfect for the music.

ReputationRep:
    me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Ahhh, cool. I recently got into Rammstein in a BIG way. For years they'd just been there, if you know what I mean. I'd listen to the singles but wasn't too bothered and didn't get any albums. I can't get enough of them now. And yes, I think German's such aggressive-sounding language and it's absolutely perfect for the music.

Awesome. Favourite album? I'm sorry for asking that, because I can never decide myself. I've slightly gone off them recently because, IMO, Rosenrot (their latest one) is pretty poor. It has some great songs (Rosenrot, Mann Gegen Mann) but the rest are so awful. Especially Stirb Nicht Vor Mir ... half of it is in English for Heaven's sake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianist)
    me!
    Ooh yay. Now you have to give us the obligatory band list so we can decide if you're "worthy"

... kidding again.

(Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    Awesome. Favourite album? I'm sorry for asking that, because I can never decide myself. I've slightly gone off them recently because, IMO, Rosenrot (their latest one) is pretty poor. It has some great songs (Rosenrot, Mann Gegen Mann) but the rest are so awful. Especially Stirb Nicht Vor Mir ... half of it is in English for Heaven's sake
    Having that Charlene from Texas on the album was a bad move, I think.

I'm not sure which is my favourite. I'm really loving Herzeleid at the moment but a few weeks ago I was sure that my favourite was Reise, Reise. :p: I can't make my mind up.

It seems that everyone loves Mutter more than any other. Mutter does have a better opening track than Reise, Reise but it's just not as good overall.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yay. Now you have to give us the obligatory band list so we can decide if you're "worthy"

... kidding again.
    I'm more into gothmetal or symphonic metal but
    OK well here are some random bands that I like: Nightwish, Rammstein, Epica, Opeth, Killswitch Engage, Dream Theater. www.gothmetal.net has some great songs on their gothmetal radio! (this isn't advertising is it:/ ) anyway, I'm always in the chat room on that site as faerie.

:suith: :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone seems to love Mutter because it's the only one most people have heard of >_< My friends really annoy me when we get together and sit around with music because they only ever play Feuer Frei! There are plenty of better Rammstein songs they could play. Hrmf.

Apparently they recorded a version of Stirb Nicht Vor Mir in GErman with Bobo(?) their regular lady singer. They should have released that.

I'm loving Herzeleid too. Der Meister is, at the moment, in the running for being my favourite song, as well. Although, that's hard.

Mutter does seem to have all the Rammstein singles which were constantly on the Kerrang! channel a few years ago so that probably has something to do with it.

I do love Feuer Frei! (one of the better songs on Mutter, I think) but my favourite songs are probably Weisses Fleisch and Morgenstern. Der Meister is cool too; good choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more into gothmetal or symphonic metal but
    OK well here are some random bands that I like: Nightwish, Rammstein, Epica, Opeth, Killswitch Engage, Dream Theater.

Ooh. I've always hated Nightwish since Download 2005 when they were late and delayed Slayer and System of a Down :mad: lol

ReputationRep:
    Ooh. I've always hated Nightwish since Download 2005 when they were late and delayed Slayer and System of a Down :mad: lol
    hehe, I just think they make good music. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Mutter does seem to have all the Rammstein singles which were constantly on the Kerrang! channel a few years ago so that probably has something to do with it.

I do love Feuer Frei! (one of the better songs on Mutter, I think) but my favourite songs are probably Weisses Fleisch and Morgenstern. Der Meister is cool too; good choice.
    Ooh damn I forgot Weisses Fleisch!! I can't make this decision >_< I love the lyrics to Morgenstern... they make me think :P One of their least perverted songs >_< I love 'em really.

And I've seen the video for Mann Gegen Mann on Scuzz a few times recently... so maybe everybody's suddenly going to like Rosenrot? Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, I just think they make good music. :p:

Hmm. I don't really like all this opera-y stylee Metalliness. The only female-fronted band I can think of that I like is Lacuna Coil. And not JUST because I fancy Cristina Scabbia.

Oh, and Arch Enemy of course. But then it's easy to forget their singer is a woman

Ooh damn I forgot Weisses Fleisch!! I can't make this decision >_< I love the lyrics to Morgenstern... they make me think :P One of their least perverted songs >_< I love 'em really.

And I've seen the video for Mann Gegen Mann on Scuzz a few times recently... so maybe everybody's suddenly going to like Rosenrot? Hmm.
    I can hardly understand a word of German (except for 'gesicht', thanks to Till's obsession with the word) but I've had friends explaining the song meanings to me and yes, they're really quite disturbing. :p:

I think you're right, Rosenrot will probably get them a load of new fans. Benzin went down really well.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.