Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want to catch HIV (a new fad, not me personally :) ) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its a new "gay fad" apprantly there are gays out there that want to get HIV and they are called "bug chaser’s"
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/ilove_hiv.shtml

Quite a strange fantasy, what do you think the gays that actually go through with it?

ReputationRep:
    beyond taste

ReputationRep:
    why not just shoot them if they want to die? Rather than have them cost millions to the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happybob)
    Its a new "gay fad" apprantly there are gays out there that want to get HIV and they are called "bug chaser’s"

Quite a strange fantasy, what do you think the gays that actually go through with it?
    Well there are people who will inhale combusted plants, drink paint thinner or inject neurological toxins merely to experience a short high, so unfortunately I have to say I'm not particularly surprised.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Albert Einstein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happybob)

This phenomenon, which I don't agree with at all, has been around for several years; it's not a new "fad" at all.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, that'd be quite fun. Then in round two, you could race to see who gets AIDS first. Then you could bet on who lasts longest. I spot a new reality TV format.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    Oooh, that'd be quite fun. Then in round two, you could race to see who gets AIDS first. Then you could bet on who lasts longest. I spot a new reality TV format.....
    Dang... shame I didn't get there first :p: !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny)
    Dang... shame I didn't get there first :p: !
    I have a business venture. We create the same Reality TV show, but include nude erotic females dancers (very attractive of course) to pull in the straigh male viewership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    I have a business venture. We create the same Reality TV show, but include nude erotic females dancers (very attractive of course) to pull in the straigh male viewership.
    I see where this is going...... Add a hip- hop soundtrack for the signature theme...a little ditty that could go-

"This is something, you though't you'd never see,

Warped gay men out to catch HIV,

Who'll get it first?
    Who'll get AIDS last?
    Who'll be the first to die out of the cast?"

Then the naked girls could jiggle their boobs a bit.

Then, we could have little updates texted to our mobiles, like " Fabio has just got his first liverwort- like spot on his face. Text 49500 for the pic. To hear his dying moans in polyphonic, add 6"

Then they could have tasks and stuff. When two have got AIDS, and are nearly dead, they could be made to rub dirt and stuff into each other, and have immune-system battles. This is gonna be a biggie, i tell ya!

ReputationRep:
    I see where this is going...... Add a hip- hop soundtrack for the signature theme...a little ditty that could go-

Who'll get it first?
    Who'll get AIDS last?

Then, we could have little updates texted to our mobiles, like " Fabio has just got his first liverwort- like spot on his face. Text 49500 for the pic. To hear his dying moans in polyphonic, add 6"

Then they could have tasks and stuff. When two have got AIDS, and are nearly dead, they could be made to rub dirt and stuff into each other, and have immune-system battles. This is gonna be a biggie, i tell ya!
    Loving it!

In a kinda sadistic way...

ReputationRep:

Who'll get it first?
    Who'll get AIDS last?

I can see it.:proud: You are a true visionary. I will set to work creating this new media marvel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny)
    Loving it!

In a kinda sadistic way...
    Want to come join us? We could use you help in getting it promoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    Want to come join us? We could use you help in getting it promoted.
    As long as they don't want to use us in a pilot show.....

ReputationRep:
    The question should really be: do they then have a right for free (and very expensive) treatment of the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    this is.....very weird indeed

ReputationRep:
    How is this any different to people who choose to smoke, for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Because smoking is still a calculated risk, albeit with poorer odds than are generally acceptable. HIV is still, despite treatment that can prolong life for a very long time, a terminal malady.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrus)
    Because smoking is still a calculated risk, albeit with poorer odds than are generally acceptable. HIV is still, despite treatment that can prolong life for a very long time, a terminal malady.
    This is exactly the point - the only difference here is in the percentage chances of survival. Neither smoking nor deliberately catching HIV have any physical, mental or emotional benefit - both are done because it's a "cool" thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    this is the most ridiculous thing ive heard...

then these same people will go running to the NHS for expensive combination drugs...wasting the tax payers money.

utterly sick making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Because people who smoke do it because they want to - it relaxes them, they like the taste, whatever. They aren't doing it for the purpose of getting lung cancer, that's just an (admittedly well known) bi-product. This article isn't refering to gay men who don't use a condom knowing they could get HIV, but those that purposefully try and get it. That's equivalent to a smoker specifically smoking 60-a-day for the sole purpose of giving themselves lung cancer (which is hardly typical).

Also, i found this funny:

[Effects of treatment drugs include...] Diarrhoea, constipation and nausea are daily events.
    Maybe thats because of all the anal sex?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.