Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you do in your spare time now? (Do you *have* any spare time with a-levels?!!!!! lol. Has anyone started revising? A bit off topic to what I was gonna ask, but I did some this holiday and it felt quite good starting early, but I didnt do anything useful..but it made me feel better!)

What clubs are you hoping to join at Bath?

-Natalie
    xx

ReputationRep:
    lol having finished my A Levels,all I have now is spare time
    But I no longer call it 'spare' :confused: because I do a lot of things now :p:
    I'm teaching maths & further maths to a couple of A Level students in a batch & good for me I can afford to take a night out every week on my own without having to nag about it to my dear dad
    The revision is therefore 'going on' indirectly because I myself have to look back at the topics before I can clarify them to my pupils but I think I'll start revising all my subjects on a full swing after june ... coz no point revising intensively now only to forget it again before uni starts in oct!

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to join loads of clubs & socities but I doubt if I'll manage to squeeze time out of my packed schedule when I get in there! In particular, I'm eager to join:
    Clubs:
    1.BathStudent Badminton Club - I like playing badminton & even though I'm not the best in it, I dont suck at it! :p:
    2.BathStudent Horse Riding Club - I wanna ride a horse!
    3.BathStudent Latin & Ballroom Dancing Club - I love dances :cool: this is a must-join club for me!
    4.BathStudent Motor Club - Ok this is another must-join club for me! its a club for people who feel the adrenalin rush whenever they experience motorsports. You never know,I might come out to be the next big thing in Formula 1!

Societies:
    1.BathStudent Salsa Society - Like the Dancing Club, its another must-join society coz I'm very interested in learning salsa.
    2.BathStudent BEAST (Engineering & Applied Science) Society - is a society for us, the would-be engineers!
    3.BathStudent BodySoc (Dance) Society - ok its another dance society.gosh there's so many dance clubs & societies at bath ... I wish I can join'em all!
    4.BathStudent Greek Dancing Society - not so sure about greek dancing, but whatever .. it's dancing after all! :cool: (am i running out of counts for dancing clubs & societies? :eek: )
    5.BASS (Bath Asian Student Society) - since I'm originally from Asia, its a society for us-the Asians!
    6.BathStudent Motorcycle Club/Society?:confused: - dont know if I can afford to buy a car, but in my 2nd year I hope I'll be able to hop on a bike & patrol around the campus & city :p: :cool:

ok that's pretty much it!i've looked at the webs for the aforementioned clubs & societies & I get a feeling that studying at bath would be a life-long experince to cherish hope I havent missed any! :p:
    oh & someone please check the "Cheerleading Society" I guess I'll take a look at it from time to time!

Natalie, what about you? do we have any common club/society here?
    Peter, Elondra?? hoping to hear from you people too!

ReputationRep:
    lol, you know thats gonna cost you loads of money Justin? You can't join societies or clubs for free and some of them cost money to do - all the dancing ones cost money as well as horse riding and the motor club.

I'm gonna struggle just to do horse riding financially, but hopefully I'll be good enough to get on the eventing team and polo team.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing A-Levels, just go gym in my spare time!

Oh and hang out with mates, but even there isn't much to do. (I want to go pub or the bookies >.<)

ReputationRep:
    Justin..teaching people maths? How is that? Id like to teach people sociology!!
    I have almost no spare time (I say sitting here at 1pm in my pyjamas still..but i am knackered!) but really really REALLY suprisingly Im in the mood to do some work so'll try get another few topics of sociology done today.
    Sithius..I wanna go to the gym, but find I'm going out, and doing a-levels in my spare time. I need an overhaul of priorities!! Ever win at the bookies? Ive never been.
    I want to go to the pub though. Although not right now, as Id rather work *Woah weird alien moment*

WOW that's alot of clubs. Jack0's right you know..it'll be pretty expensive!! Alot of dance though.. I used to do dance :P Grade 1 tap.. lol! (I was 4)
    Are you just doing horseriding for fun? Jack0 how long have you been riding?

I want to join Rocksoc, trampolining, possibly the radio station one, i wanted to join BEEF because of the name, buut I know nothing about eletrical engineering so I wont (same with BUMS cos i cant do maths), maybe wine society..
    Is there a sociology one? I cant find one, but Id join if there was.
    Id really like to take swimming up again too. I used to swim for clubs, but then stopped, and I dont reckon Id be able to get to such a good level again, but I really enjoy it.

EDIT:Oh..Id also join a rugby society if it didnt involve playing rugby. I just like rugby players alot. And drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningwings)
    WOW that's alot of clubs. Jack0's right you know..it'll be pretty expensive!! Alot of dance though.. I used to do dance :P Grade 1 tap.. lol! (I was 4) Are you just doing horseriding for fun? Jack0 how long have you been riding?
    I've been horse riding for about seven years and up until now I've just done it as a hobby. But when I got back to Uni I want to take it more seriously and I feel I'm at the standard where I can compete and learn polo quickly. I think they offered polo lessons for £30 this year, so I'll be taking them up if they do that again cause most places (that are any good) you have to pay £90 or more for a lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningwings)
    I want to join Rocksoc, trampolining, possibly the radio station one, i wanted to join BEEF because of the name, buut I know nothing about eletrical engineering so I wont (same with BUMS cos i cant do maths), maybe wine society..
    Is there a sociology one? I cant find one, but Id join if there was.
    Id really like to take swimming up again too. I used to swim for clubs, but then stopped, and I dont reckon Id be able to get to such a good level again, but I really enjoy it.

EDIT:Oh..Id also join a rugby society if it didnt involve playing rugby. I just like rugby players alot. And drinking.
    rocksoc is very popular; they have lots of events - good, if you like that kinda thing (i dont, personally!).
    and you can join BEEF/BUMS; you dont need anything to do with the society really. in fact one of the committee members for BUMS does psychology (i was very confused when i found out).

as for rugby society? hah i dunno if you can just join that just because. probably, but drinking with them is wierd. its all international drinking rules; pointing with elbows and talking about couples and digits. and lots of snakey b.

ReputationRep:
    Jack0, that's cool..I wish you all the luck!!

kikzen, really? good about rocksoc! But would it be abit lame just because BEEF and BUMS make me laugh, i join them?! :P i'll see how i feel on the day.
    RUGBY PLAYERS WOO. lol. i can drink like that no problem. yes indeed.

nefarious..are you in it? we saw a water polo team training/playing when we looked about, and me&dad paid special attention cos he used to play it really well when he was young. i was more focusing on the fact that now i think swimmers, rugby players AND water polo players have HOT bodies though!!!

ReputationRep:
    i wanna join the horse riding club, does any1 know what sorta stuff they do? And how much does it cost? I rly wish i could bring my horse with me when i move to bath but i seriously cant afford it so he's gonna have to go out on loan, but I've been riding for about 13yrs so i wanna carry on at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I am such a lazy cow. I only joined Impact, the student newspaper, ChocSoc and the Computer Science Soc. Having said that, I never actually went to any of the Impact meetings so I doubt that even counts!

I didn't get as involved as I should have done, but luckily enough I'm hoping to start a new course next year from Yr1 so I'm treating it as a fresh start - I'm planning on actually contributing to Impact (!) and I'd like to join something to do with singing and acting. I haven't done much singing since I started uni, or acting since I left secondary school but every time I see American Idol or Chicago or Grease or something it makes me want to be on the stage again! So I'll probably do that

ReputationRep:
    I wanna join the uni radio.

ReputationRep:
    Id like to join any golf society.. Where du guys getta know bout dese societies and wat deyre bout??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forza_milan)
    Id like to join any golf society.. Where du guys getta know bout dese societies and wat deyre bout??
    Freshers fair I should think... not sure though. Is there a website where you can get a list of Socs at Bath and info on each one?

ReputationRep:
    You can find info about the socs here:

https://www.bathstudent.com/clubs_li...508&unionid=17

And there's info on sports clubs here:

https://www.bathstudent.com/DisplayP...p?pageid=12198

You can join up to them at the Sports Fair and Socities Fair in Freshers week, and I think you can join online too

ReputationRep:
    Thanx for that link Amie.. They have an awesome golf course which is very near da uni and there is a golf society so i guess il b joining dat definately .
    Any of u guys know wat sortof jobs u can get der and how much ur paid for em? plus il b just 17 in my 1st year so will i even be allowed to work?

ReputationRep:
    Thanx for that link Amie.. They have an awesome golf course which is very near da uni and there is a golf society so i guess il b joining dat definately .
    Any of u guys know wat sortof jobs u can get der and how much ur paid for em? plus il b just 17 in my 1st year so will i even be allowed to work?
    In England you can work from 16, so you'll be able to work somewhere.

A lot of students get jobs behind the the campus bars and maybe some bars in town, but you have to be 18 to do that.

I used to work in Topshop in Bath, and there are loads of other shops too. Although, I don't know how easy it is to get a job in one as a student since I just transferred over from my job in the Topshop branch in my old town - shops might get annoyed when you have to disappear for weeks/months at a time during vacations! They're not too harsh on transfer people since during vacations they just go home and work in their home branch, which can also be better for you because you still earn in vacations and know you have a job to go back to.

I think a lot of students work in Argos, my friend does and she knows a few others that do too, but again she transferred over.

Another friend of mine used to work for a temping agency, they'd set her up with jobs every so often. For example, she used to be a waitress in the boxes at the Bath rugby ground whenever they had matches on. They also sent her to work in the Boots stock room for a couple of days.

So there are plenty of jobs around, it's just a case of finding them!

ReputationRep:
    BUCAS has to be the most bizarre society I have ever heard of... Do they just join up and eat loads of curry :confused: ?

ReputationRep:
    Id like to do a part time accounting job or something if i get one..
    Oh are dere any football societies where u go watch premiership games n stuf? Its good that Reading got promoted to da EPL dis time .. I think il go watch most of Readings games as itl b da nearest premiership team from Bath!

ReputationRep:
    Id like to do a part time accounting job or something if i get one..
    Oh are dere any football societies where u go watch premiership games n stuf? Its good that Reading got promoted to da EPL dis time .. I think il go watch most of Readings games as itl b da nearest premiership team from Bath!
    I was wondering about this myself as well. Is there anywhere within the Uni' that you can watch football matches (i.e. do they get shown at the bar?), or would you have to walk into town to watch them in a pub?

Also, about the football teams. I'm good, but not that good. So I very much doubt I will get into the Team Bath Football team (actually, make that impossible). Are there any inter-hall competitions and the like for the more casual players? And are the football pitches available all the time, so that if you want to go and have a kick about you can do so?

Thanks .

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.