Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The White Stripes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else here dig this absolutely awesome duo?? And no, i'm not talking about the crap they recently put out i mean their REAL stuff:cool:

What is their 'real' stuff? Anything before White Blood Cells? I only got into them from the Hotel Yorba single onwards.

ReputationRep:
    I say they went seriously downhill after White Blood Cells But before that they were great, so great in fact that I sometimes consider actually listening to their first album ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    What is their 'real' stuff? Anything before White Blood Cells? I only got into them from the Hotel Yorba single onwards.
    Yes i count their first three (WBC being number 2) and part of Elephant as their REAL stuff.

Bear with me, l'm an eccentric man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    I say they went seriously downhill after White Blood Cells But before that they were great, so great in fact that I sometimes consider actually listening to their first album ...
    Are you forgetting De Stijl (their third) coz a lot of ppl do??

Wasn't White Blood Cells their 3rd?

But if WBC counts then yes, I do dig their 'real' stuff. I also dig their 'pretend' stuff... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eccentric Man)
    Yes i count their first three (WBC being number 2) and part of Elephant as their REAL stuff.

Bear with me, l'm an eccentric man

Isn't WBC Number three? after the self-titled and De Stijl? If not, then I've been thinking the wrong thing for a long time, and I don't like that.

I thought the same thing. I had to work backwards though; I wasn't into them when those albums actually came out.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't White Blood Cells their 3rd?

But if WBC counts then yes, I do dig their 'real' stuff. I also dig their 'pretend' stuff... :p:
    No, its just everyone over looks De Stijl making it seem like their second

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a NERD:eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't care much for their latest album, and White Blood Cells is my favourite. Parts of Elephant are very good though. The Raconteurs' single is brilliant though, I think Jack's still got plenty of tunes left in him

No, its just everyone over looks their third making it seem like their second

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a NERD:eek: :eek: :eek:
    What was their third, then? I thought they only had two before White Blood Cells.

ReputationRep:
    What was their third, then? I thought they only had two before White Blood Cells.
    See editted post

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same thing. I had to work backwards though; I wasn't into them when those albums actually came out.

Same here. I must admit, I got into them with Seven Nation Army, but then I worked backwards and realised that Seven Nation Army's a bit rubbish :P

Well, "rubbish" is a bit harsh. The riff is so simple yet magnificent. But Elephant isn't really that good.

See editted post
    Ah. So White Blood Cells was their third. I got a little confused there because like I said, I'd had to work backwards because I'd only liked them since WBC.

Same here. I must admit, I got into them with Seven Nation Army, but then I worked backwards and realised that Seven Nation Army's a bit rubbish :P

Well, "rubbish" is a bit harsh. The riff is so simple yet magnificent. But Elephant isn't really that good.
    That was the song that made everybody take notice, it seems. They had plenty of fans before that, of course, but... yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Ah. So White Blood Cells was their third.
    NO, it goes

white stripes
    WBC
    De Stijl
    Elephant
    GBMS

***NOR DOES THIS ONE***

ReputationRep:
    NO, it goes

white stripes
    WBC
    De Stijl
    Elephant
    GBMS

You're just messing with our heads now, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    You're just messing with our heads now, aren't you?
    No, i'm SERIOUS WBC was number two!!!!!!!

***THIS POST DOES NOT REALLY EXSIST, YOUR JUST IMAGINING IT***

ReputationRep:
    I've only heard Denial twist and my doorbell, really like those though.

Perhaps some of the earlier albums were re-released or something. That would explain the confusion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.