Turn on thread page Beta

Leicester City and the state of football. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040305/140/enre5.html

Why, after one story dies away, does another too readily fill its place?
    What do you think causes this, and how does it compare to world football?

ReputationRep:
    Oh pig - JJ will LOVE that comment....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Its true though. I played rugby from age 10 - 18, and from the beginning decency and respect for the opposition and referee was drummed into me. It annoys me when I see footballers swearing at the referee.
    And that includes the violence in the game does it?

ReputationRep:
    Noone has been proved to be guilty of anything at the mo. But it does seem very silly that while the players are supposed to be training to prepare for our last push for Premiership survival, they're off boozing away at a place where we've had a history of making idiots of ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    Its not the same. Rugby players have a few swings at each other, but its a rough game and people get hurt. Can't remember the last time I saw a rugby player walk up to someone and headbutt them in cold blood. Or attack someone in the crowd.
    Yeah. i suppose so.
    But most of the stuff in football is blown over the top anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    Noone has been proved to be guilty of anything at the mo. But it does seem very silly that while the players are supposed to be training to prepare for our last push for Premiership survival, they're off boozing away at a place where we've had a history of making idiots of ourselves.
    But three of the players have been charged.
    Do you think they actually did it?

ReputationRep:
    What I mean is footballers are more petulant and prone to silly reactions than rugby players.
    Well er, not exactly:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...a10713,00.html

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23209,00.html

These are both withing the last month.

ReputationRep:
    What I mean is footballers are more petulant and prone to silly reactions than rugby players.
    But the sports are different.
    Physical contact isn't often acceptable in football, while its an integral part of rugby.
    Thats why the reactions tend to be over done, because the game isn't suppose to be about that sort of contact.
    And football has alot more press interest, because things do happen in rugby, but they aren't really eported as much.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, English rugby players then!
    Which brings me to my second question.
    How is the behaviour of footballers different around the world?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, English rugby players then!
    Well, er not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    But three of the players have been charged.
    Do you think they actually did it?
    3 have been charged, but noone has been proven guilty so at the mo they are innocent.

They've brought shame onto out club and as usual the fans will bear the brunt of it. Whether they are guilty or not, the players and manager should be severly disciplined.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Leicester have problems in Spain t'other year - something about Collymore?

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd never mentioned rugby now! Don't you agree that footballers are generally more loutish than rugby players?
    Yes, of course footballers are more loutish. Most pro footballers are basically rich townies. Look at Bowyer or Gerrard for example. In another life they would have been on the dole in their kappa slappa gear. Whereas of course most pro rugby players went to public schools or from a good background, and are more gentlemenly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Didn't Leicester have problems in Spain t'other year - something about Collymore?
    Yep. In 2000 we were chucked out after Stan let off a fire extuinguisher. Then in 2002 there was an incident when Dennis Wise punched another City player, Callum Davidson, he was later sacked for doing that.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.