Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know not everyone is on the ball with all this new fangled technology but 38% - where have these people been!

http://www.dastv.co.uk/News/FullStory.aspx?News=80

ReputationRep:
    What's this about a digital switchover? (joke)

ReputationRep:
    Well frankly the BBC haven't exactly been shouting it from the rooftops like they do when it's time to buy your TV license.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: aint that the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Very true. If the Beeb (and lets be fair ITV too I suppose) don't get their thumbs out of their bums there's going to be a riot when people's TV's go blank in just over 18 months time (in some parts of the UK)
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here seen High Definition TV yet?

ReputationRep:
    what's this about? why are televisions going off? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello_its_me_)
    what's this about? why are televisions going off? :confused:
    Just the end of the world. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Just the end of the world. Don't worry.
    As well as it being the end of the world they will be changing TV to digital at the same time which is why old TVs won't work, so we will have no more of those crazy aerials that go crazy when you walk near them. Unless of course you decide to use freeview and that still happens bit in a slightly cooler way.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    Am thinking of getting Skk Plus in our house next year - it looks the dogs. Anyone else tempted, its pretty cheap split between 3 or 4 of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twilks01)
    Am thinking of getting Skk Plus in our house next year - it looks the dogs. Anyone else tempted, its pretty cheap split between 3 or 4 of you
    If you're all paying an equal share, who gets to decide what to watch if there's a clash? I'd recommend Stone, Paper, Scissors.

ReputationRep:
    He/she who shouts/farts the loudest chagess the channeleth

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.