Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what grades do i need to get an A? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i already have an A at AS level (i got As in all modules) but i was only 2 marks into an A in the oral (im nervous for the A2 one next month!!!)

my teacher told me that the AS counts for 50% of the overall A2 mark.. so what marks do i need to get in SP4, SP5 and SP6 to keep an A?

thanks for any suggestions!

ReputationRep:
    You need 480/600 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    is that for WJEC?

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know it's for all exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks.. i have 256 so far.. hopefully i can pull it off, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannywales)
    ok thanks.. i have 256 so far.. hopefully i can pull it off, lol
    Well, you need 224/300 at A2, which is a mid B, to get an overall A. Definitely doable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Well, you need 224/300 at A2, which is a mid B, to get an overall A. Definitely doable
    I love working out how many UMS i need to get an A for French/English. It makes me feel so much better when I'm trying to write an essay on politics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannemann)
    I love working out how many UMS i need to get an A for French/English. It makes me feel so much better when I'm trying to write an essay on politics!
    Same!
    Less so for Latin

ReputationRep:
    Same I only need low 'B's in my four exams to make my King's offer, but I'm desperate for A's at least in English and Biology. Better to revise a bit, then it'll become more likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammertal)
    Better to revise a bit, then it'll become more likely.
    I never was very into probability when I did maths but something tells me that that is too true!

ReputationRep:
    Lol definitely. I know I should be trying to get the best marks I can, not saying 'I only need x marks to get an A' but it's such a relief knowing I can afford to screw up a bit in sociology and French if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that kelly

can you tell me how many marks each module is then please? SP4, SP5 and SP6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannywales)
    thanks for that kelly

can you tell me how many marks each module is then please? SP4, SP5 and SP6?
    Which exam board are you with? I do French with Edexcel and I think it's 120 for unit 6 and 90 each for units 4 and 5, but it might be different for AQA/OCR/WJEC/CCEA (I think those are all the exam boards...)

ReputationRep:
    im with WJEC .. yeah im pretty sure its 120 for sp6 and then 90 each for the other 2

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.