Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...any good?

The reviews all say it's absolutely amazing. I'm wondering whether to get the PC version when it comes out. I'll wait for PCZone's review but I hope it is good. The only Res Evil game I really really enjoyed was the remake for the GameCube in 2002.

Anyway, what did people think of it?

ReputationRep:
    Best one by quite a margin. If I get a wired 360 controller and it is supported I'll get the PC version, cos even though I've played through someone else's GC version I'd like to see it in non blur-o-rama.

ReputationRep:
    I played it with a matev of mine. Never have two blokes screamed so much, the game was awesome. The only bad thing was that the last battle was a bit too easy and the dialogue was a bit too cheesy at times. However the over the top action is awesome. A truly great game.

ReputationRep:
    It's hardly a horror game. Its defintley heavy on the action and exploring though. Each of which it does very well. The control system can be a bit clunky at times but its certainly a great game to get.

ReputationRep:
    If its the first time you've played the game then its fantastic but if you've followed the series then for me personally was a let down. Dont get me wrong,its a superb game from the action to the guys with chainsaws runnin after you but its not added some of the most important elements that made Resi evil a classic. (zombies or lickers)

Never the less,good game,you should enjoy

ReputationRep:
    It's a good sequel to the previous REs. But its no way related. Set in a complete different scene, theres no zombies!

I recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnarl)
    It's a good sequel to the previous REs. But its no way related. Set in a complete different scene, theres no zombies!

I recommend it.
    Well it is related... in that it has Leon and Ada. I think it sets up future games that will be more related to the main storyline, as Wesker and Umbrella do turn out to be involved in the end.

It is true though it's more action-adventure than horror - the plagas are nowhere near as scary as zombies, even though they have weapons and can run. In fact, they're not scary at all. Except the chainsaw ones, especially in the "Mercenaries" mini game! That noise will haunt me to my grave.

It's still a great game though.

ReputationRep:
    its the best game ive ever played, definitely. its absolutely awesome

(btw, mgs3 was the best game before that, and for a very long time the ocarina of time before that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Best one by quite a margin. If I get a wired 360 controller and it is supported I'll get the PC version, cos even though I've played through someone else's GC version I'd like to see it in non blur-o-rama.
    Are you serious? The GC has its limitations, but RE4 was probably the best looking console game ever released when it came out.

And, as far I'm concerned, it remains the best action game ever made.

ReputationRep:
    Is it the one with the Leon guy?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditting Suck)
    Are you serious? The GC has its limitations, but RE4 was probably the best looking console game ever released when it came out.

And, as far I'm concerned, it remains the best action game ever made.
    Playing 640 lines interlaced, with big black borders, doesn't look particularly good on my 1920x1200 24" widescreen PC monitor that my Gamecube is hooked up to at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Playing 640 lines interlaced, with big black borders, doesn't look particularly good on my 1920x1200 24" widescreen PC monitor that my Gamecube is hooked up to at uni.
    Fair enough. I suppose PC junkies are used to better graphics than the rest of us.

I still don't see how you can think it looked bad, though.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it looked better than any other Gamecube game looks on the same equipment, if you want to judge it by those standards. I'd just like to be able to make out what is going on in the distance etc, and be able to sit in front of my monitor without damaging my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    im like one of the only people who seemed to dislike it entirely, so i dont think you should listen to this, but it just wasnt my type of game.

I never played Resi Evil games before. But I started playing this one recently and I must say it is really good. Is it only on PS2? I wanted to buy it for myself (having played it only at a mates)

ReputationRep:
    thanks, this thread is great. i was about to ask the same question. i'm getting it for pc. whats the gameplay like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bleeper)
    I played it with a matev of mine. Never have two blokes screamed so much, the game was awesome. The only bad thing was that the last battle was a bit too easy and the dialogue was a bit too cheesy at times. However the over the top action is awesome. A truly great game.
    The hardest part at the end is steering the jet ski. I died about 10 times trying to do that part but killed the last boss on my first attempt

The game has so much replay value aswell. I can't wait til RE5 I hope its similar to 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I never played Resi Evil games before. But I started playing this one recently and I must say it is really good. Is it only on PS2? I wanted to buy it for myself (having played it only at a mates)
    The original version was GameCube, it was released later on the PS2 (with some extra content, but slightly inferior graphics). I'm not sure if there's a PC version, but it's coming out for the Wii. Although I'm not sure it will play as well with Wii controls.

(Original post by Toy Soldier)
    The original version was GameCube, it was released later on the PS2 (with some extra content, but slightly inferior graphics). I'm not sure if there's a PC version, but it's coming out for the Wii. Although I'm not sure it will play as well with Wii controls.
    I thought it was out on the Cube cos I'm sure I saw it was always in top ten votes for the best cube games. I better look for it second hand then.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.