Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Syncopate or die. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Feedback appreciated.

The background stomping hurts my ears a little because I'm tired.

This reminds me of the 90s. I'm only a minute through, though.

More on that story later. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It gets better; in my opinion, at least.

Yeah, I'm still only 3/4 of the way through but from 1.30 it's blingin'. I didn't like the part from 3.30 onwards very much.

I'm sorry; I have no idea what these sounds are called. I hope you know which part I was referring to. :p:

Still a minute to go.

ReputationRep:
    4:56 onwards I think comprises my 'best bits'; the denouement (if you will) where it all 'comes together'.

Is this something you've composed yourself? It got me moving in my seat... I don't know if that's the reaction you were hoping for. :p:

Not bad. Thank goodness it faded out at the end. There's nothing worse than a sudden drum build-up and then a BOOOOOM as an ending.

ReputationRep:
    But of course.

Incidentally, there's more where that came from; albeit, in a slightly different vein.

This second one's got some really pretty sections in it. It reminds me of Mega Drive music but I'm not sure which game I'm thinking of.

Ok, it did for a minute and a half. It's a little different now.

I think I might prefer this to the first one.

ReputationRep:
    My brother tends to cite the MIDI accompaniment from various (single-figure) iterations of Square's Final Fantasy in comparison; which is, I suppose, no bad thing. Although such was perhaps intended more in reference to this.

I've never actually played Final Fantasy (I'm not sure whether to be proud or ashamed) so I wouldn't be able to make that comparison, but I'll listen to the 3rd anyway.

That Jongleur was my favourite of the 3. Once again, it reminded me of video game music. That isn't a bad thing and I hope you don't take offence.

ReputationRep:
    But of course not.

And again.

ReputationRep:
    Help me out here, 'breaks' fans.

ReputationRep:
    Does it get any more lively because I think I've found the cure for my insomnia...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Does it get any more lively because I think I've found the cure for my insomnia...
    Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    I don't claim to be an expert on 'breaks', but I like the track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Ouch.
    *shrugs* you did ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Feedback appreciated.
    I really like it...reminds me a little bit of the Aphex Twin stuff like 'IZ-US' and some of the minimal stuff off the Analord EPs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    I really like it...reminds me a little bit of the Aphex Twin stuff like 'IZ-US' and some of the minimal stuff off the Analord EPs.
    A true compliment. Sadly, I rather doubt that I could ever re-create that je ne sais quoi sufficiently to constitute an entire album from my largely piecemeal instances of divine inspiration; certainly, if subsequent endeavours are held to be any indication.

A bona fide 'one-hit wonder', I fear.

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally I wouldn't mind a consensus on this one, either.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.