Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want a new foundation. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    MAC.. live and swear by it!

ReputationRep:
    Blonde shade from No7. Good for dry skin as its dewy-it would probably help if you put a good moisturiser on first.

ReputationRep:
    Your best bet is to explain your specifications to someone at a make-up counter and get them to test the foundations on your skin.

Most Boots stores will do this as will counters such as MAC, Benefit and Clinique. I use Clinique, and reccomend it as they have so many different types of foundation and are really helpful, plus have have dry skin too and find it never makes my skin look 'flaky'

ReputationRep:
    i use MAC at the moment but ive found it way too heavy!! also, it doesnt match my skin colour perfectly! heres a little tip...Prescriptives (available at ... John Lewis and i think House of Fraser) is amazing! if they can't find the colour u match, they will mix you one!! my sister has sensitive skin with quite a few blemishes and they cover really well!!
    hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky68M)
    Is Prescriptives the name of the brand of the name of the foundation?
    presecriptives are a skincare and makeup brand which are particularly good for problem skin

http://www.prescriptives.com/home.tmpl?ngextredir=1

ReputationRep:
    has anyone tried l'oreal infallible. ne good on asian skin??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilly)
    has anyone tried l'oreal infallible. ne good on asian skin??
    oooh!..thats the one i'm using now..its in the same bottle as the colour i-d one (whateer its called) - which i think is better - but with red detail instead of grey i think... its ok...its more "visible" than the other one, even though they are in exactly the same colours..though it is good, doesnt last as long as however long it says on the bottle though...never expected it to anyway..slightly oily too..the "older" ones better..

clinique is very good and not too expensive, mac would be best..though i live on a budget...i tried an almay (in boots) one once for dry skin, was ok..though ended up having to mix it with another one in another shade to not look too orange/pale...though they were good & not expensive at all..

ReputationRep:
    i swear by max factor foundations and concealers. Using lasting performance atm - max factor is the only brand i've tried which looks natural on me and gives great coverage.

ReputationRep:
    MAC Liquid Foundation

ReputationRep:
    hey! covered farm wagon!! well i recently read an article.. which said that clinique has the best foundation... but u shudnt believe what u read... so i went into town and headed towarrds the clinique counter... the lady was really nice and they had like a KAZILLION different colours, and coverage in light, medium and heavy... so it shud totally satisfy ur skin!! i used to use MAC, but i just think its a bit too made up.. for me anyways... so yeahi suggest u use clinique... the one i use is superbalanced makeup..i go for shade 4 creme chamois i think its called...its nice and dewy, and not too orange and not too pink! ohh and i have SUCH sensitive skin too...i cant evenuse any moisturiser which has ANYTHING in it lol..ok haha its late i hope this wasnt too incoherent!! and wow.. my longest post yet.. xxx

ReputationRep:
    i really don't like clinique... maybe i'm the only one. for me, laura mercier is the queen of beautiful skin. the tinted moisturiser is excellent, but the foundation, and especially the secret camouflage are the ****...

if you go to spaceNK they'll give you a mini facial, colour match you and give you some really good advice on managing your skin, they have some great skincare stuff there besides laura mercier.

if you go to the department store the makeup artists will do a full face of makeup when you buy 3 products, this too is fabulous... i had one at MAC once and it looked awful, my little sister could have done better, but laura mercier came out gorgeous... like red carpet stylee...

its ever so slightly more expensive than clinique but so much nicer, and i know i'd rather eat frozen peas for a month than put clinique on my skin.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend something from Lancome (only cause i love it!). Nah, i dont know. Go to a makeup counter in Whitakers, Debenhams or Boots. They'll sort you out. Lancome have a foundation for pretty much any skin type though.

EDIT : When buying my Lancome foundation the woman said I should try estee lauder foundations...whether she was just trying to flog her own brand or whatever, I dont know. Could be good....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.