Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How is this hall like? I read that Great Dover has a preference for postgraduates, but how about undergraduates? Are there any undergraduates at Great Dover? How is life at Great Dover?

I'd appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey silver. GDS/BWH is a pretty good college. It's got really great facilities, everything is new and it's quite clean. There are a tonne of undergrads (especially General Course students) mixed in with the postgrads. And the postgrads, at least this year, are quite young and many of them finished their undergrads not more than a few years ago. You'll be fine. The atmosphere is not bad, cool pub (with pool table)...but, beware: some at the college take silence VERY seriously and you may find yourself aching to get away on weekends....but, overall, pretty good I think! Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    yeah Im probably in GD next year, too!
    I like the fact that It's new built, and self-catering+ ensuite, but the price is acceptable.
    How about the area? i have no idea when look at the map they provide. Thanx a bunch. are you in GD as well?
    silveranimagus: may see you next year

ReputationRep:
    In that case I really hope I get GD! Yeah, maybe I'll meet you there this year valerious!

ReputationRep:
    The area is, how shall I put it -- in the ghetto?! It's a poor area of town, close to Elephant & Castle. Good pubs in the area (close to the halls), close to bus stops and tube stop. Borough market (world famous) just down the street on the weekends. Good student area in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    How is being in the ghettos a good thing? :p:

ReputationRep:
    what about tesco, waitrose, asda etc? what does borough market have? i thought they only have fresh fruit and stuff like that is it true?

Knogle, can you explain for me what is ghettos? doesnt sound very good does it :P neither does E&C

ReputationRep:
    A ghetto is an area, usually within a city, in which members of a particular cultural, ethnic, religious or national group live in high concentration, whether by choice or by force. It has a negative connotation to it. The term is now commonly associated with notions of deprivation, unemployment and social exclusion.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx Knogle aw, doesnt sound very possitive hah... I love the area where bankside is, but i dont know why I put GD as first, then BS, and got an offer too quickly...
    anyway, suppose the rooms are nice, as well as my future flat mates

ReputationRep:
    It's not as bad as people suppose...it's ghetto because the area is generally 'poor' but its nice for students - good bars, tesco's not too far away, sainsbury's on the way home from LSE (on the bus)...don't worry, it'll be fine...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.