Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am organising my 18th; I'm hvaing a murder mystery party with chinese takeway...don't know what to have for some sort of pudding?

Not having cake as I've done that bit...but want something yummy, cheap and that will go down well after chinese!!

Any suggestions?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I've just done a search for 'Chinese desserts', because then whatever you pick would be suitable to have after a general Chinese takeaway.

Mango pudding kept cropping up. Nit sure if you would be able to make it yourself, but it sounds nice. Does your Chinese takeaway do any desserts? I don't think my local one does, but I think some might, so if you can't make or find a mango pudding in the shops, maybe ask at the takeaway.

ReputationRep:
    Coconut ice cream, served in a coconut half shell

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to buy fortune cookies? can't find them at my takeaway and tried tesco but no joy :-(
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by notebook)
    Does anyone know where to buy fortune cookies? can't find them at my takeaway and tried tesco but no joy :-(
    Maybe if you an find a chinese supermarket? Look in the yellow pages to see if there is one near you.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I had this amazing desert at a chinese restaurant it was basically a hollowed out frozenorange, filled with orange sorbet, really yummy, don't know how they did it though, they must have frozen it and then scooped it out, there was like no flesh left.

But yeh try a chinese supermarket for fortune cookies, and while you're there get some white rabbit sweets and jelly juice =D

Have a good 18th, sounds like its going to be fun!

ReputationRep:
    Chinese desserts are normally things like fritters. apple, banana or pineapple i think in a crispy coating!

ReputationRep:
    you should get the egg custard tarts. they're better than the buns/sweet breads & cakes in my opinion

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.