Chinese Takeaway Watch

notebook
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I am organising my 18th; I'm hvaing a murder mystery party with chinese takeway...don't know what to have for some sort of pudding?

Not having cake as I've done that bit...but want something yummy, cheap and that will go down well after chinese!!

Any suggestions?
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've just done a search for 'Chinese desserts', because then whatever you pick would be suitable to have after a general Chinese takeaway.

Mango pudding kept cropping up. Nit sure if you would be able to make it yourself, but it sounds nice. Does your Chinese takeaway do any desserts? I don't think my local one does, but I think some might, so if you can't make or find a mango pudding in the shops, maybe ask at the takeaway.
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Coconut ice cream, served in a coconut half shell
notebook
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Does anyone know where to buy fortune cookies? can't find them at my takeaway and tried tesco but no joy :-(
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by notebook)
Does anyone know where to buy fortune cookies? can't find them at my takeaway and tried tesco but no joy :-(
Maybe if you an find a chinese supermarket? Look in the yellow pages to see if there is one near you.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooooh I had this amazing desert at a chinese restaurant it was basically a hollowed out frozenorange, filled with orange sorbet, really yummy, don't know how they did it though, they must have frozen it and then scooped it out, there was like no flesh left.

But yeh try a chinese supermarket for fortune cookies, and while you're there get some white rabbit sweets and jelly juice =D

Have a good 18th, sounds like its going to be fun!
Gemma1725
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Chinese desserts are normally things like fritters. apple, banana or pineapple i think in a crispy coating!
girlafraid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you should get the egg custard tarts. they're better than the buns/sweet breads & cakes in my opinion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.37%
Leave (256)
20.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed