The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I heard from my mate who is a cameraman for gmtv that pigs fly. They did a survey!

It's official!
Reply 2
Mr Motivator would of been a better topic to talk about . . . .
97% of women in their carefully controlled and statistically reliable GMTV supersurvey prefer whiskers.
well it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek- but actually the survey was conducted by grazia magazine.....
i still think it rings true though.
Reply 5
They interviewed 5 thousand women...there must be a grain of truth in that survey.

I'm not sure about the every 15 minute thing though...we'd all be permanently depressed if we thought so negatively that often.
Reply 6
mademoiselle84
well it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek- but actually the survey was conducted by grazia magazine.....
i still think it rings true though.

I don't.
Reply 7

5000 women that read grazia magazine.

Im suprised its not 100%
Although you have to taken into consideration the population they surveyed, I think there is an element of truth in it.

I think most women, even if they're generally happy with their body have at least one thing they don't like so much, whether it be they think their thighs are a bit too chunky, their nose is a bit too big etc. I doubt it's to the extent they think about it every 15 minutes.

My personal hang up is my legs, but I was thinking about them every 15 minutes I'd never get anything done!!
Reply 9

A small element of truth. Most women that read Grazia are going to be pretty vain
Reply 10
OMGWTF
5000 women that read grazia magazine.

Im suprised its not 100%

I agree, the people who read Grazia magazine are more inclined to be into beauty and fashion, therefore their general appearance and are probably more likely to want to alter it in some way than readers of.. Model Railway Collectors for example, as they focus on it more.
Reply 11
And it also depends on the definition of "alter". They might have counted even hair dyeing as wanting to alter appearances, or the wearing of make-up.

Best to take these so-called "official statistics" with a pinch of salt.
Reply 12
...which concludes at least 3% of the women that replied have lied at least once.

By the way, being unhappy with something is a good incentive to do something about it. But of course there's a treshhold for where it is no longer productive.
Reply 13
I wouldn't be surprised if the figure was actually that high. I don't know anyone who's 100% happy with how they look.

As for the every 15 minutes thing, it's definitely possible some days, but I woudn't say I think about it every 15 minutes every day all day long.
lol I say I'm fat a lot but that's just to aggravate my friend who goes "OMG SHUT UP!" :P
Reply 15
thats not suprising at all! every woman i know dislikes at least one feature or part of her body. its just natural not to be 100% satisfied with how you look.
I HATE surveys.
Anyway, the way they said it is so inaccurate. What they should be saying is “97% of the women that were surveyed…”

Not 97% of women!!!! I don’t recall being asked this :hmmm:

Anyway, now that that error is out of the way..

Since no one is perfect, and humans are hard, if not impossible, to please. It does not surprise me :wink:
Reply 17
more than 3 percent of women are hot tho :confused:
Reply 18
When you are fully happy with your body is when you lose the battle and things start to go down hill.
Reply 19
squirly
I wouldn't be surprised if the figure was actually that high. I don't know anyone who's 100% happy with how they look.

As for the every 15 minutes thing, it's definitely possible some days, but I woudn't say I think about it every 15 minutes every day all day long.

Now you do :biggrin:. Why worry? Who cares if you have a mole on your thigh or cube-shaped head. It's all part of individualism. There's no such thing as perfection, and people who search for it make it their obsession, ending up shallow and pathetic.

The best people in this world are those who make the best of what they have (physically) and then stop worrying about it. Then they can use all that time they spent worrying to improve their personality for the rest of their lives. Being unhappy about your looks will only make you more unhappy, and more insecure.

Latest

Trending

Trending