The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Denistry

A bit of a random question but does anyone know if students get free dentistry? I haven't been in yonks.

What are the dentists like at Aston?
Reply 1
Good question..I need to know that too...my dentist told me I'd have to start paying down here! mad...
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
If your A British Citizen, as a student you get free dental care on the NHS, if im not mistakn.

Don't think it applies if you are a mature or international student obv.

Correct me if im wrong :smile:
There's a dentist at Uni I've registered with, but I only go to the one at home.

The doctor's at Aston on the other hand took all my files from Portsmouth so when I ran out of inhalers over Xmas, they doctor at home refused to give me a prescription despite Aston saying I'd still be able to go to the doctor at home, I'm really confused
Reply 4
you should have been able to register with your home doctor as a 'temporary patient' when you needed to. it's not the health centre's fault, as basically you can only be registered one place at once (i don't really know why, probably so in an emergency one doctor has all your records?
Reply 5
Is there a dentists / doctors / opticians (you get my drift) on campus or are they somewhere in the city? If they're in the city how far away are they?
Reply 6
well if they are in the city they cant be very far away.
Reply 7
doctor - there's a health centre specifically for aston students, although this has now been moved to the new matthew boulton college next door to campus, but yeah it's basically on campus
dentist - i think there is one on campus.. very unobservant i am. need to sign up to it because my dentist at home just went private!
opticians - you can get free eye examinations from the optometry students! :biggrin:
Reply 8
The dentist is just behind lawrence tower in the staff low rise by Aston Street near to the accomadation office.

British Citizen Students do NOT automatically get free dentistry, you can get some help towrads it but its not quarenteed you'll get it

Latest