Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dropping out and restarting College watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I go to a 6th form and study biology, chemistry, english lit and geography... I don't particularly mind the subjects, but I've realised that I would not want a career orientated around any of them... I've realised that I would love to read computer science at uni, so I am considering finishing my AS levels in the aforementioned, attaining decent grades and then dropping out of the school, only to go to a college and pick up Maths, Computing and Physics (which I would complete in 2 years [AS + A2]). I assume it would be fine to just take up the 3, considering I would already have 4 AS qualifications, and universities only stipulate 1/2! Replies needed urgently, thanks!

ETA: For the purpose of this discussion, let it be known that I will not be applying to grade 1 unis.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fine to me, just make sure computer science is what you really want to do and when it comes to writing your PS, explain your change of heart with regards to subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot!

ReputationRep:
    just think by the end of the next school year. You will have 7 as levels and im sure your college will let you pick up any of them 7 to go onto a2 if you get the grades. So you still have a year to pick 3 from these 7 to take to a2 if you have a career change. Also you will have all 3 sciences which opens alot of options.

Im considering only doing 3 as levels and taking them onto a2 when i start next year, and im not very worried. Check out ucas and your wanted degrees as they tell you if an AS is needed. Good luck.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.