Going out tomorrow night, how do I pull? (I'm a girl) please read.... Watch

cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Well I'm pretty sure I'm not sociopathic. Must be deeply weird then. Thanks.

Also you are replying to 3 year old posts :fyi:
I know, someone revived the zombie thread.

Maybe you are deeply weird. Is this something you need to address do you think?
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)
I know, someone revived the zombie thread.

Maybe you are deeply weird. Is this something you need to address do you think?
I think I would rather just sit down and cry if I'm honest
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
apart from the fact its easy to tell that people are sociopaths because they don't respond correctly to social cues, and thus no-one would want to pull them.
It isn't usually easy at all, a common sign is being an excellent liar (because they don't get agitated when lying like most people).

In fact, a well known trend in sociopaths is that they often have frequent short term marriages, as well as sexually promiscuous behaviour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist

It sounds like you're thinking more of crazy movie psychopaths/sociopaths (the terms are used interchangeable, neither medically officially), than real ones. It's a really interesting subject to read on. Channel 4 did a psychopath night and they talked about the best examples of psychopaths in fiction, and James Bond was right up there.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mankytoes)
It isn't usually easy at all, a common sign is being an excellent liar (because they don't get agitated when lying like most people).

In fact, a well known trend in sociopaths is that they often have frequent short term marriages, as well as sexually promiscuous behaviour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist

It sounds like you're thinking more of crazy movie psychopaths/sociopaths (the terms are used interchangeable, neither medically officially), than real ones. It's a really interesting subject to read on. Channel 4 did a psychopath night and they talked about the best examples of psychopaths in fiction, and James Bond was right up there.
Indeed, and in the real world James Bond would be on multiple life sentences for murder and rape.

If he is your example of a socially competent psychopath, I suggest you hastily reappraise your opinion. In te real world, women don't tend to react to rape attempts like they do in Bond movies.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Indeed, and in the real world James Bond would be on multiple life sentences for murder and rape.

If he is your example of a socially competent psychopath, I suggest you hastily reappraise your opinion. In te real world, women don't tend to react to rape attempts like they do in Bond movies.
Well seeing as all his "murders" have been ordered/accepted by MI6, I would have to disagree. I know there are some older films where he is pretty disturbingly forceful with women, but there's no actual rape in Bond films. The majority of women he gets with find him totally irresistable.

So you're honestly sticking by your opinion that, in real life, "no-one would want to pull" James Bond?

I never said he was "socially competent", I don't know where you got that from. I was merely showing how psychopaths can, and do, find it easy to pull.
africanqueenrue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
People look for potential partners in clubs?
Lmao. Ive judt been searching for how to pull. As my friend and i were wondering how do people do it m. And i cane across this. Made me laugh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Give me a try?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads