Turn on thread page Beta

Just a quick (silly) question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When contacting a University/department about your offer or whatever, what information do you need to put about your application? As in, do I just put my UCAS number and name? And does UCAS number mean the one you log into track with? I know this has been done like a gazillion times but I'm just checking

Ooh, and secondly, I'm contacting them to ask if the fact that I'm not doing an extra AS this year makes a difference to my offer, is it OK to write something like "I hope this is OK, I really, really want to go to Exeter!"

Thankyoo!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I usually just quote my UCAS app number (06XXXXXXX), the course I applied for, and my full name.

And sure, nothing wrong with telling them about your desire to go to Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    UCAS number is not the one you use for Track. That's your Application Number

Look at any letters you've received from UCAS - it's the Personal ID that you quote - that's what I've needed to use when I've contacted the universities.

If contacting Exeter Uni that's fine - but if you're contacting others I'd advise you not to mention your desire to go to Exeter over them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helzerel)

Look at any letters you've received from UCAS - it's the Personal ID that you quote - that's what I've needed to use when I've contacted the universities.

If contacting Exeter Uni that's fine - but if you're contacting others I'd advise you not to mention your desire to go to Exeter over them. :p:
    Are you sure about that? Your UCAS number *is* your application number. It's also the number they quote on all correspondance.

I've always quoted my UCAS app number and not my PID.

Guess either works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Are you sure about that? Your UCAS number *is* your application number. It's also the number they quote on all correspondance.

I've always quoted my UCAS app number and not my PID.

Guess either works.
    You have two numbers.

The Application number is the one used for logging into Track etc.
    The Personal ID is a different one.

If you've used the former then I guess it works but I know that whenever I've been in contact with a university or a dept. they've asked me for the Personal ID, not the App.No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helzerel)
    Are you sure?

I think UCAS Number = Application Number = 06xxxxxxx

Well at least that's what I've referred to as the Applciation Number for the past 7 months! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ok then, well I put both my Personal ID and my application number, just to be sure!

Now this really is quite embarassing, but should I start it with 'Dear Sir/Madam'? That just seems a bit too formal....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leona)
    Now this really is quite embarassing, but should I start it with 'Dear Sir/Madam'? That just seems a bit too formal....
    Yes, either "Dear Sir/Madam" or if you know the name of the admissions tutor "Dear Mr.-------"
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Unis will want your "06" logging into track application number.

UCAS may want both, but sometimes just ask for your application number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Unis will want your "06" logging into track application number.

UCAS may want both, but sometimes just ask for your application number
    :ditto:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.