The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
walshie
Fluffy, you're being over-sensitive. Reacting to a random comment which I wasn't at all poking fun out of.

I don't think I've been insensitive. If this is what it has come to, no wonder Britain is becoming so PC over a random comment. :rolleyes:

Think what you want, but I know such comments hurt. If you're happy with that, then fine, but having a loved one murdered really isn't anything anyone can poke fun at/make light of.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 41
Fluffy
Think what you want, but I know such comments hurt. If you're happy with that, then fine, but having a loved one murdered really isn't anything anyone can poke fun at/make light of.

Tell me where I did that?
Reply 42
walshie

Westfield Way - awash full of fire engines and blue lights. It looks like a mini 9/11 has gone on there after a smoke alarm :laugh:

If that^^^, coupled with the laughing smilie isn't making light of something, I have no idea what is... :rolleyes:
Reply 43
The mild remark was aimed at the amount of fire engines that come down to Westfield Way all due to a fire alarm!

If you can get stupidly aggrevated by that remark, then I'm ending this discussion here! How stupid.

I could of perhaps stated "It looks like a murder scene" - I could be poking fun out of anyone there. That must be true - because I mentioned the word 'murder' :rolleyes:

We've all lost loved ones Fluffy (London Bombings was one), but as I couldn't remember the date, I didn't put it there. Like I said - you've taken my comments from being nothing short of a passing sentence to being insensitive. I'm offended.
Reply 44
walshie
The mild remark was aimed at the amount of fire engines that come down to Westfield Way all due to a fire alarm!

If you can get stupidly aggrevated by that remark, then I'm ending this discussion here! How stupid.

I could of perhaps stated "It looks like a murder scene" - I could be poking fun out of anyone there. That must be true - because I mentioned the word 'murder' :rolleyes:

We've all lost loved ones Fluffy (London Bombings was one), but as I couldn't remember the date, I didn't put it there. Like I said - you've taken my comments from being nothing short of a passing sentence to being insensitive. I'm offended.

I'm not agrevated, meerly making a suggestion that you think before making stupid statements...

Glad your offended and aggrevated, maybe you'll think next time... :laugh:
Reply 45
Hey again i read up on all the replys (thnx for helping me out). Now i have a final question for current students living at campus if u could vote for the best halls at qmul on the poll i've set-up, i'd very much appreciate if u also could add a post on comments y u have voted as u have.
Reply 46
You do realise you don't actually get to chose which halls you stay in...
The lifts in Pooley house have been broken a couple time this year, and for the people who live up on the 5th/ 6th floor it has been one long uphill battle!

Creed court is decent since its just like a massionnete, no need to worry about broken lifts.
Reply 48
The lifts in Pooley were shagged after a few weeks of the building 'opening'... The one in the middle block didn't last long! Had friends on the top floor :frown:
how logn after you accept do you get accomadation stuff? i have a feeling im gonna get shoved into ****ty accomadation thats like a mile away cos im so late! not my fault though! :frown:
Reply 50
dnt worry i ain heard yet and dont get a proper confirmation till after results
Reply 51
i'm wondering do i get a accomodation form from qm when i accept my offer or do i need to contact them to get the forms?
Reply 52
^ yeah, you have to accept your offer as firm first, that's what I did, then they sent me accom info.
only accepted other day n got info abt online accom info already! :biggrin: only problem is the site aint working! lol
Reply 54
question:
Do international students get priority with these hall placements?

If not..... I'm screwed if I don't submit my stuff in early..... I have NO ONE that I know..... in the whole of UK.... let alone London....
Reply 55
im really confused.. tried looking on the website.. but does the new student village include like all these houses like pooley house?

and.. is it possible to get ensuite accom? or is it like first come first served?
i NEED my own bathroom.. sorry if that sounded demanding!!
Reply 56
juicylgd
im really confused.. tried looking on the website.. but does the new student village include like all these houses like pooley house?

and.. is it possible to get ensuite accom? or is it like first come first served?
i NEED my own bathroom.. sorry if that sounded demanding!!

Here is a list of the halls at just the Mile End Campus.
http://www.ccrs.qmul.ac.uk/residences/accommodation/halls/mileend/index.html

Westfield Student Village has their own bathrooms.
I believe the 4 above it do not which is out of the cul-de-sac and further down Westfield Way, or on the main road (Lindop, Albert Stein, Ifor Evans).
Westfield Village includes:
- Creed
- Pooley
- France
- Maurice
- Beaumont
- Fellden House (new)

These are the prices :smile:
http://www.ccrs.qmul.ac.uk/residences/accommodation/fees/index.html
Reply 57
The chances are unless you come from wales scotland or are some northern country bumpkin the only time you will get halls is in your first year - i tried applying for halls for my third year but they now have a policy that it's only freshers (i think it's so they can put the medics with us - damn scum !) other than that u have to find a place for yourself, it's not that hard though - plenty out there
Reply 58
and if you want en-suite the chances are you'll get it - something like 90% of the halls are en-suite and they're amazing - reali new and look absaloutely gorgeous - you'll be happy:smile:
Reply 59
When offered accomodation how soon b4 the semester starts can one move in to the student halls?

Latest

Trending

Trending