The Student Room Group

Alcohol

My freshers start on Monday and I want to buy some alcohol to take with me so that I can share and drink with my flatmates.

However, I've only started drinking recently (due to personal reasons) and I do not know which ones to buy.

Could you give me some ideas of what types of alcohol to get? e.g. vodka? cider? etcetc.

thanks in advance!:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ExcitedStudent
My freshers start on Monday and I want to buy some alcohol to take with me so that I can share and drink with my flatmates.

However, I've only started drinking recently (due to personal reasons) and I do not know which ones to buy.

Could you give me some ideas of what types of alcohol to get? e.g. vodka? cider? etcetc.

thanks in advance!:smile:

I'd say try Alcopops or Cider if you've only started drinking recently, just don't go OTT and pass out
Reply 2
Original post by Y333EEE
I'd say try Alcopops or Cider if you've only started drinking recently, just don't go OTT and pass out

thanks!

what would someone who has drank in the past buy?
Reply 3
Original post by ExcitedStudent
thanks!

what would someone who has drank in the past buy?

Probably Beer or Lager
Reply 4
you're probably gonna be drinking a lot in Freshers week, so I'd advise getting yourself a litre of Vodka. That should last you through the week and you won't get bored of it as you can change the mixer you use each time.
Reply 5
Vodka! So many possibilities with mixers :smile: get a bottle of coke, a bottle of lemonade, some red bull etc and you can have some variety :smile:
Reply 6
impress your friends by making brain haemorrhage cocktails lol
Get Jack Daniels and/or Jägermeister, like a boss
Reply 8
If you don't drink much, probably best to keep away from anything too strong until you know your limits well. I'd start with beer or cider (depending on which one you prefer)
Reply 9
Buy some lager, keep it cold, offer it around.

I would recommend Tesco's Biere d'Or as a cheap starting point that tastes quite nice. Its about £4 for a pack of 12 stubbies. Get a few packs.
Coke and ameretto :sogood::coma:
A small crate of beers or ciders that you can offer to people.

Tequila with lemon for doing shots together; I think its the most sociable drink
Reply 12
Tequila, definitely... Just don't overdo it... :tongue:

It takes a while to kick in so after you've taken a shot, wait for a while, have a beer between the shots.

As the person above me said, it's one of the most sociable drinks, plus it really loosens you up.

That's my case anyway, and I like the taste of it, so yea...

Quick Reply

Latest