Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I Need Help With My Psychology Coursework.. I Have No Idea What Stats Test To Use??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, for my coursework I have done the Loftus experiment where she showed participants a video clip of a car accident and then changed the wording in a questionniare to make them answer differently, for example:
    "How fast were the cars going when they bumped/crashed/collided/smashed into each other?" ... the theory being that the more intense the word, the faster the estimated impact speed. I also used some leading questions on half my subjects, eg:
    "Did you see THE red light" as aposed to "Did you see A red light?"

NOW I'M STUCK!! I have all the data and figures, butI haven't got the foggiest what to do with them and I'd rather not wait to go back to college next week and tell my teacher that I'm stuck!!

Someone please help?!!:confused:

Participant Number Bumped Collided Crashed Smashed
    1 30mph 50mph 70mph 60mph
    2 35mph 60mph 60mph 65mph
    3 40mph 50mph 60mph 90mph
    4 30mph 45mph 65mph 80mph
    5 30mph 50mph 70mph 80mph

ReputationRep:
    could u find out what loftus used??search for it on the net.

ReputationRep:
    My friend did this, I will find out which one he used as soon as I get hold of him!

ReputationRep:
    Looking at what you've wrote I think you would use ANOVA. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Ok my friend who did it on the same thing used the mann-whitney test. Hope that helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.