Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to limit the speed of upload to the speed of download in Azureus? I'm gettign really annoyed with torrents that are upload at about 25 Kb/s while only downloading at something stupid like 125 B/s. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    download netlimiter. www.netlimiter.com However, just because you lower the upload, doesn't mean the the download will necessarily get any faster.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    yeah its just that i hate giving the rest of the swarm 10 times as much as im getting back ^^ pisses me off slightly. thanks btw

ReputationRep:
    How do you configure it to limit the upload to the speed of download? Can you?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you can on azureus. i use bittorando, you can on that, you can set your limits. give it a download, it's the best around IMO. www.bittornado.com

(Original post by Teh Yellow Pikmin)
    How do you configure it to limit the upload to the speed of download? Can you?
    do you mean on netlimiter? you can set the max upload and download that you want to set for whatever program that accesses the net.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    In the bottom right hand corner of the Azureus window there should be a Download and upload speed, either left or right click the numbers and a thing should come up with a list of speeds you can limit the speeds to.

I haven't got it installed at the moment or I'd post a screenshot of it, but it's definitely possible to limit both the up and download rates in Azureus.

I recommend a maximum upload of 20KB/s for normal ADSL lines on bittorrent, any higher and the download rates start to suffer.

Netlimiter will also work, but it's not needed if you just want to limit azureus.

ReputationRep:
    You can do it easily on azureus.

Right click on your download and click show details, so you get the tabbed page with loads of details of the download.

In the latest azureus the option is on its own subtab within this page called 'options'. On older versions it is on the genral tab.

See screenie:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    hey barr ;D

I use bitcomet, and can get about 120Kb/sec (i have 1MB connection)

Trick is, put upload to about 30% less than your max upload speed. To find this, go to some online bandwith test.

The your downlaods shoot up a lot.

ReputationRep:
    There should always be an upload limitter feature in a torrent client, i'm not familiar with Azureus so i can't say where, but if there wasnt one it would defeat the point of torrents, as theyr designed to be ran all the time and no-one wants to give their last 25% of ul bandwidth............

try 'preferences'

ReputationRep:
    I have a 2 Mbit downstream connection and can get full download speed uploading at 128kbits/s (50%) of my upload. I have to do this because cable connections aren't so good at uploading and downloading at the same time.

You get 25 KB/s so ure upload is probably 256 kbits/s in which case setting 16 KB/s should be fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.