Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

In a Fix ... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OK i m in a fix .. Well the thing is that I had an unconditional offer for Economics at Cardiff ... I searched EXTRA and found a better course at a better uni .. As a result, I declined all my offers and applied to that uni ! Now I realised that cardiff was right for me and I really want to go there .. they have no places left on the course so I cant apply through EXTRA.
    I contacted the uni and told them that I made a mistake and if they could reinstate my offer ... they said they cant as i negotiating with another uni already !!! I dont know what to do .. I told them Ill withdraw my application from the uni I applied through EXTRA but they still said NO ! I dont know what to do .. Should I eamil them again and ask them to reconsider me ?
    I made such a hasty decision and now I am repenting !!! Need some advice . Can someone help me write a really convincing email to them asking them to reinstate my offer !?

ReputationRep:
    out of interest, what was the other uni?

ReputationRep:
    You've asked them and they said no. You can try again, but i wouldnt hold out.

If you REALLY think you've made the wrong decision, I guess it'll be worth waiting and reapplying next year. Else, suck it up and face the consequences of your actions.

ReputationRep:
    Is the other Uni really that bad? You have already made one hasty decision and you still have an opportunity left. Don't make another hasty one! Why not think about this other Uni and go through the process (application, interview?, open day) then if they make you an offer you can either accept or decline.

ReputationRep:
    the other uni is Southampton .. well i hope to receive an unconditional )teh grade requirements are higher though ) .. the admissions tutor told me she'll consider my application so thats why i took the chance ... oh wel have to live with it !? Hows uni of sheffield though ? Well-reuptated?
    Btw turbochargedk do u go to CDL ?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're already on a gap year - is that right? If so, I guess it will be rather a disappointment to have to take another one, but unfortunately it sounds like it's out of your hands now.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you so much PQ ... will email the admissions tutor and try to make a good impression .. can u help me to write a convincing email ?
    How is sheffield ? Better than cardiff ?
    Yeah I am in my gap year !

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Cardiff's better than Sheffield, personally.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah ,, oh well lets hope i get into Southampton which is much better than both of them ! Where would u place Loughborough and newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    If I was going to rank the 5 you've mentioned, I'd put it like this:

Cardiff/Southampton = equal 1st
    Newcastle
    Sheffield
    Loughborough

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.