Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmelen)
    ............if ever i managed to earn £100,000+, i would feel only pleased to be able to be taxed 50% - i mean, when earning that much i would be comfortable, and if i could use my money to help others in a similar situation as me at the moment, by enabling them to get a better education etc, i would feel like my money had been well spent.
    I can assure you, you wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I'm not too sure you can assure me of anything about myself when we are unknown to each other, and you know nothing of my situation... and I am a little confused - you seem to know not only about my present, but any potential future I may have - how is this? (man, i should've known an omniscient presence would make an appearance on this board, under the pseudenym 'howard' to tell me how i will feel over something... keeps happening to me...)

ReputationRep:
    I can assure you that I am moving to a tax haven any tax is too much

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know what party best represents you then try this test. www.politicalcompass.org/. It can show your true political leanings, and then you can check them against the major partys in britain, or the US presidential candidates. Unfortinatly, It placed me nearest the Green party, who I concider small minded idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I can assure you that I am moving to a tax haven any tax is too much
    heh, let's hope it doesn't have an internet connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    heh, let's hope it doesn't have an internet connection.
    lol I can feel the warmth from your statement from here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Unfortinatly, It placed me nearest the Green party, who I concider small minded idiots.
    And why would you think that, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    lol I can feel the warmth from your statement from here

ReputationRep:
    And why would you think that, if you don't mind me asking?
    Just normal, bigoted, capitalist-scientist, city boy view. Don't mean any offence, but I believe they could be better run and more effective if they used logic and facts rather than emotional assults at heartless govenment types.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Just normal, bigoted, capitalist-scientist, city boy view. Don't mean any offence, but I believe they could be better run and more effective if they used logic and facts rather than emotional assults at heartless govenment types.
    Hmm.

Can you provide examples of the lack of "logic and facts" or "emotional assults"?

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, what I've seen of Green Party policy I've reasonably liked, and I'm not totally sure what you mean by some of your objections.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.

Can you provide examples of the lack of "logic and facts" or "emotional assults"?

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, what I've seen of Green Party policy I've reasonably liked, and I'm not totally sure what you mean by some of your objections.
    Don't hate what they say, just what they don't say or do. They tend to be idealistic, but light on the actual political side, as their political and financial backing tends to be weak. People who would other wise be strong supporters tend to go somewhere where they can get something done.

Sorry about my posting style, I tend to get incoherent after 10:30 due to my brain working overtime. I tend to get halfway through a sentence when a new though interupts. I then try to work that in and go off on a tangent. This is also how I write essays for most subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Yeah but some do otherwise why would the backwoodsmen of the House of Lords would bother coming in to vote for Thatcher's poll tax?

ReputationRep:
    People vote for lib dem becasue of the way our society is. If you can't stand your labour or conservative council or your local MP then people won't vote for the total extreme, for some strange reason. I think it stems from the older generation and their loyalty to the Old Labour Party - you know, the one with morals

Becasue of this many tend to use Lib Dems as a safe vote. Because they know other people won't use an extremist vote so by voting lib dem as a protest vote they get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    http://www.labour.org.uk/100libdempledges

I'm worried. Why are intelligent young people even considering voting for a party that has no real policies?

Explain yourselves
    Libdems are no different than Labour in my opinion, they're just trying to look better these days. I'd never vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Libdems are no different than Labour in my opinion, they're just trying to look better these days. I'd never vote for them.
    Conservative are we?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.