Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else heard the new album yet?

I was surprised at how good it is. A lot rockier then the final straw (can't comment on previous albums but apparently rockier than them as well) but still has that snow patrol sound. Impressive

I'd host it for download but I have a feeling thats against the forum rules...?

ReputationRep:
    Im getting it nw. Don't link to it, its not allowed. Anyway, its painfully easy to get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manalishi)
    Anyone else heard the new album yet?

I was surprised at how good it is. A lot rockier then the final straw (can't comment on previous albums but apparently rockier than them as well) but still has that snow patrol sound. Impressive

I'd host it for download but I have a feeling thats against the forum rules...?
    Is a bit "rockier" and less boring then there old stuff... I might download it off itunes, if i can find it..

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised at how well Snow Patrol is going, but am pleased at the same time. Loads of these rock bands just hangs around for a year and then the hype dies down. I have to agree with you that S.P. is getting better :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    their new single is a bit more upbeat too - lot less whiney than their older stuff

ReputationRep:
    Loved their last album, will have to comment once downloaded this one
    Best song they have done has got to be run though or how to be dead

ReputationRep:
    When is it out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhesi)
    When is it out?
    http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayP...;-1&sku=456372

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Im getting it nw. Don't link to it, its not allowed. Anyway, its painfully easy to get
    any hints i'm new to illegal downloading....c'mon do a guy a favour

I've only heard the single so far and although it's not bad, I was quite disappointed because... you know, it's more of the same thing. With this single you couldn't mistake them for another band and that isn't just down to Gary and his instantly recognisable voice.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard four songs off it, and they are SOOOO good! If you like the new single then you're gonna love Hands Open and Chasing Cars. They are really, really exceptional!

ReputationRep:
    I saw them last night at Koko and they were amazing! Awesome live as always (well the two times ive seen them + them at live8 anyway!) and their new stuff is ace. Chasing Cars is the new Run. They played a couple of old songs too, and loads of Final Straw which was great. I got my copy pre-ordered. I dont wanna download it illegally though, as desperate to hear the album as i am, would spoil it for me i think. I do love the precip patrol (what my friends and i call them lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywollydoodle)
    I saw them last night at Koko
    Thought that was next week

ReputationRep:
    Oh Snowpatrol - the Run song really blew my brains.

My favourite song on Final Straw was Ways & Means... will there be anything like that on the new album?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    My favourite song on Final Straw was Ways & Means... will there be anything like that on the new album?
    I've fallen asleep to that song so many times it's captivated me.

ReputationRep:
    I got a promo copy of it, its pretty good, SP will never match "songs for polarbears" though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leigh)
    Thought that was next week
    maybe theres another gig. i dunno, i dont remember them announcing another gig (EDIT: although it does say so on their website) i'd like to go if there is another gig!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    I've only heard the single so far and although it's not bad, I was quite disappointed because... you know, it's more of the same thing. With this single you couldn't mistake them for another band and that isn't just down to Gary and his instantly recognisable voice.
    why would you want to???????????????????????:confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Chasing cars is a fantastic song, hands open is pretty good too. On the whole I don't think its as good as final straw (which is one of my favorite albums ever) better than the first two though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.