Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriends son was on the computer playing on some game and he's 5 so doesnt really know what he is supposed to be pressing on the game he was playing on and I walked back into the room and he was pressing 'up' 'down' and something else now my screen has turned upside down and right now I am typing upside down!
    When you move the mouse up, it goes down and vice versa.

How can I change it back?!?!?!!?

Also bear in mind that I will be reading your instructions upside down and back to front"

ReputationRep:
    Try resetting the screen. There should be a menu on the screen. i.e. buttons on the monitor

ReputationRep:
    It should say reset to factory settings

ReputationRep:
    Alt Control + the up arrow

Edit: IF that doesn't work.... Go on your desktop and right click , go to properties, settings and then look for a tickbox that says rotation. Although my first idea is the most likely to work if you say he was in a game. it could be ALT + CONTROL + a different direction though... try up first

Tried it, I am still upside down!

Now I am to the side!

ReputationRep:
    in the advanced video controls (control panel--> display properties), you can rotate it 180 degrees. Or click on back to normal or any other angle depending on the rotation now

Upside down again! Pressing Alt Ctrl and right or down works, just not up

Where's advanced video controls in display properties?

ReputationRep:
    have you tried the properties menu?

ReputationRep:
    Control Panel > Classic view (XP) > Display > i think

ReputationRep:
    Go to control panel, display, settings, advanced, then check around there, should be a rotation option. Have you tried ALT control + all the different directions?

Yes I have tried all the different directtions it only works when using right and down. I am going to look in the control panels advanced settigns but its quite difficult upside down.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried simply rebooting the computer?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    or setting it back to a restore point?

I am going to try and restart now but I cant go back to a restore point because the last one is a few weeks ago and my boyfriend uses this comp for his business and me for college work so we would loose too much

ReputationRep:
    NOTE: People need to stop neg repping me for signing my posts. If you have a problem, dont look! It's something i have always done; simply google "xavier2k3" and you will see that. I will continue to do so, regardless of whether you like it or not! If you're going to neg rep, at least leave your name!
    Don't believe me? -> Click here for my latest neg rep received
    You know you can get those cancelled if you speak to a mod about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    I am going to try and restart now but I cant go back to a restore point because the last one is a few weeks ago and my boyfriend uses this comp for his business and me for college work so we would loose too much
    I'm pretty sure you don't lose your files, it's only the settings that change and a few other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmed)

You know you can get those cancelled if you speak to a mod about it.
    you have PM.

(Original post by rahmed)
    I'm pretty sure you don't lose your files, it's only the settings that change and a few other things.
    yeh, i'll vouch for that. you don't lose any files, just things you may have installed etc become uninstalled and other little system file bits and bobs.

regards
    --marty

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.