Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know it happened 5 years ago but do people here still remember when they turned on the tv and saw it all unfold?

ReputationRep:
    I remember actually being in my Tech class that afternoon talking with these girls about it being one of their birthdays and not knowing. :confused: Thats so random but I still remember that even though it was 1st year. And then the bell rang and I came out of school and got into the car and my dad had a weird radio station on. I asked him what was up and he said "Haven't you heard? The Twin Towers have been attacked!" and I was still like ":confused: What?" So he had to explain what the Twin Towers were Then we spent the night with the news channel on watching updates and stuff. Thats all I remember :p:

ReputationRep:
    i was in history and the tannoy went and the head said something about it, i didnt really pay attention untill i went home and saw the tv,

ReputationRep:
    I remember my mate telling me on the way back from school then just watching it all night on tv.............i switched channels to watch neighbours though

ReputationRep:
    I was eating in McDonalds and they had Sky News on.

ReputationRep:
    It was a tuesday (a **** one at that), went home my mum told me, was abit shocked, watched news and thought Swear filter is there for a reason --- Acaila

ReputationRep:
    I came home from school, and put on the TV and it was news. I was like 'Mum, why isn't whatever on' and she told me.

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching the towers collapse live on tv in my geometry class (I was living in Texas so it all happened in the morning) and being one of the only people left in school by the afternoon. Then there was a fire in my school, and one in my younger sister's. I remember people discussing whether it was 'The Wrath' or not. Weird ass day.

ReputationRep:
    Stood in a Citroen garage buying a new car. All the mechanics and salesmen were crowded in the Sales Office watching the TV.

No-one said a word for about half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    Came home on my own because friend was ill, switched on TV but either the cartoons had been cancelled due to the news, or just felt too attracted by the gravity of the reporter's voice, and stood watching it for about 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    thought that's a big fire until the second plane crashed....
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    It was just a couple of weeks before I started uni. I was round my mates house and we were bored so e played a game of Trivial Pursuit when my mates sister called us into the front room to see what was happening on TV. All afternoon we kept going back in to watch when something new happened.

That same day my parents were re-decorating the dining and didn't know anything about what had happened until I phone up fairly late in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    i was in my first week of year 7 when it happened. my dad came to pick me up from school and i remember listening to the commotion unfolding on the radio in his car. didnt really think much of it till i got home and put the telly on and saw the second aeroplane smashing into the other tower.

ReputationRep:
    I was actually sitting at this very spot that I'm at now. There was some announcement made on an IRC network (IRC was still popular at that time...), so I ran out of my room to turn on the TV. That's when I watched the events unfold, and the second plane hitting the tower. It all seemed so unreal at that point of time. Who would have thought that they world would become such a different place since then.

ReputationRep:
    I was out, and kept hearing all this talk around town, I didn't anything of it at the time. I then went to the cinema with my friend, and we got really annoyed as all these people kept walking out and making alot of noise. Then when I came home, my parents told me what had happened. That's when I watched and the second plane hitting the towerOdd to think something like that happened, I had no idea when I was out

ReputationRep:
    It was my first week of year 10. I had an IT lesson that afternoon, and someone said something about it, and we all thought it was a joke.
    Got home and it was all over the news, we just sat watching it for ages, although I remember I was trying to do my maths homework at the same time. My mum also knew that my uncle had a conference on at the twin towers sometime in September, and her ringing him up to find out it was scheduled for the week after. Bit panicky nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    It was my last year of primary school... obviously they didn't announce it to us or anything (not that any of us new what the Twin Towers were at that age), in fact I can't remember anything strange until I actually got home and saw it on the tv!

One of the girls in the other year 6 class back then had an aunt working in North Tower... she died, the poor soul.

ReputationRep:
    I was sat playing my N64 with some friends at school (boarding school), and I remember people rushing into our dorm shouting "the twin towers are being attacked!"

I'm ashamed to say I thought they were having a laugh - so I didn't move for about 10 minutes when others came in and said it was on TV.

ReputationRep:
    I was in my bedroom havin a ...

Nah I got home and saw it in the news.

ReputationRep:
    I was at home alone watching it for ages, when dad came home from work, I told him and I just sat there on the stairs watching it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.