Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive been told that the University you apply to/get offers from get the results from your January modules. Whats the point of this exactly?

ReputationRep:
    I hope not! I fecked mine up royally.

(Original post by imasillynarb)
    Ive been told that the University you apply to/get offers from get the results from your January modules. Whats the point of this exactly?
    Unfortunately for them there is not a damn thing they can do about me now, they made the mistake of making me an offer and they can live with it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Unfortunately for them there is not a damn thing they can do about me now, they made the mistake of making me an offer and they can live with it!!!
    Yeh this is what I mean, I have all my 6 offers so I dont see why knowing what Ive got in my January modules is going to make the blindest bit of difference?

ReputationRep:

Whats the point if they have already made you an offer? They cant retract it can they? I messed up mine, but hopefully should come good by summer! (maybe!!)

I suppose where students have had to sit a test for the remaining places eg, law at nottingham, it willl help them decide places. Again NOT FAIR since not everyone took Jan exams, alot of ppl i know just do summer.

ReputationRep:
    I just dont understand the reason why they would be interested, maybe they dont get the results and my bio teacher was talking out of his arse?:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I was panicking for a moment, but now i'm happy, none of my six offers can back out now!

ReputationRep:
    I just dont understand the reason why they would be interested, maybe they dont get the results and my bio teacher was talking out of his arse?:/
    It could have something to do with the fact that they give more conditional offers than they do places, because not everyone is going to get the right grades. Perhaps they look at the January exams as a measure for how many people are likely to achieve the summer results, and can then know if they have any more places or not.

I have no idea if thats true or not i'm just speculating...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.